Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: World War of the Roses - May 22 & 23 - results and next year....  (Read 24088 times)

Offline Winston

• Librarian
    • YouTube: Winston Ab Rees
No reply yet to my question: may we post the results of our battle here in May?

Sorry for the delay - sure I will modify this thread title and we’ll make it the game thread for May.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 05:45:25 PM by Winston »
Give us a follow on Twitter: @winston_ab_rees and Insta: winston_ab_rees

Offline Winston

• Librarian
Re: World War of the Roses - VIGNETTE PAINTING COMP (ENTRIES CLOSED)
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2021, 07:03:21 AM »
Hello all. Please note entries for the competition are now closed. Judging will take place over Easter and the result will be announced here and on social later in April. Thank you to all who have taken part for some wonderful vignettes.

This thread will be renamed shortly to take us up to and include news on all the WWR May games.

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2021, 09:14:36 AM »
Thanks. It's such a great idea I'd hate to miss the fun, and it's got me painting flat out.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:27:13 AM by FierceKitty »
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline wrgmr1

• Mad Scientist
  • Mad Gamer and Painter
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 07:04:48 PM »
Thew2, That's Brilliant! Wonderful idea and presentation!

Offline Winston

• Librarian
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2021, 05:51:52 PM »
Hello all and a warm thank you to everyone who entered. We had some fantastic entries. Winner will be announced here on Sunday April 11 and also on my Instagram and Twitter accounts @winston_ab_rees on the same date.

Meanwhile the easing of restrictions in the UK means we are looking good for May 22 and 23 although obviously the situation in other countries varies. We should still have plenty of WotR games taking place internationally though on both dates.

Further info to follow too on the plans for a group Zoom call on the weekend and international score keeping for Lancaster and York! Keep painting and posting with #WorldWarRoses

Offline Winston

• Librarian
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2021, 05:58:24 PM »
Evening all, and it's time for the announcement. In short, we were utterly chuffed with the thought, care and attention that went into more than a dozen entries to this compo. We're so grateful to everyone who entered and took the time to create some wonderful vignettes, thank you everyone.

It was so tough we decided to introduce two 'commended' consolation awards. The first goes to Andy Jarvis for his Earl of Oxford piece. Judges commented on the wonderful flags, colours, and details in this. Could easily have been a winner. So close!

Offline Winston

• Librarian
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2021, 06:00:07 PM »
Our second consolation 'commended' award goes to Thew2 - who also was so close with the wonderful presentation, animation, groundwork and creativity in this one.

Offline Winston

• Librarian
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2021, 06:06:03 PM »
Finally our overall winner - Little Ninja Painting, who entered via Twitter with this incredible work showing Gloucester bowmen staking in under the watchful eye of a captain. Judges loved the colours and blends, thought that clearly went into the piece, change of height, placement etc, "a true vignette" as everyone agreed.

We're now contacting LNP and the two consolation prize winners to send out some marvellous Athena WotR miniatures to them. Thanks again to John at Athena who so kindly sponsored the comp and put up the prizes.

And again - we're absolutely honoured by the effort everyone put in and sorry if you did not win. We were impressed by all of them and I personally loved everything of course, it being a WotR fest, but we had to choose.

Offline wrgmr1

• Mad Scientist
  • Mad Gamer and Painter
Congratulations to the winners! Well done gentlemen!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated- there were certainly some fine inventive pieces  8)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
 congrats to all

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the winners!!

Thank you to everyone who entered and thank you to John from Athena Miniatures for putting up such a great prize.

This is a lovely example of a wargaming community project and don't forget we have the War of Roses Gaming Weekend to look forward to in May. Its going to be awesome to see those battle reports.

May the Lancastrians be victorious!!!

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
Great stuff.  The three winners are all well deserved. Super idea for a community competition.

Offline KarwickWingmaker

• Librarian
As everyone else has been saying, congrats to all the winners!
All the entries look amazing, not envious of the judging panel having had to choose between them!  lol

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
I've had a few days free and my fighting troops aren't here yet, so I've knocked together a few WotR vignettes for the baggage trains. 10mm, please note. The more literate here, which I trust will include you, gentle reader, will recognise Somerset killing Wenlock after Tewkesbury, the death of Clarence, Dighton and Forrest babysitting the sons of Edward IV, a Son that Hath Killed his Father and a Father that Hath Killed his Son behind Henry VI, and Richard Plantagenet and the Duke of Somerset picking a few roses.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 02:11:18 AM by FierceKitty »