Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:49:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: First Schleswig War  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
Re: First Schleswig War
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 12:45:29 PM »

I hope you like them

Love'hem.

BTW, how did southern Jutland return to Denmark? I know it was a consequence of WW1, but as Denmark was a neutral country it perplexed me. Maybe there was a huge majority of Danes there so when they had the option to vote they won over their German neighbors?

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 01:04:54 PM »
they did vote..after the Wars.Still alot of property in Schleswig-Holstein owned by Danish royalty.Also still some Danish speaking schools.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:11:00 PM by juergen c. olk »

Offline Wellington

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 01:12:28 PM »
After WWI there was general "reorganisation" of great parts of Central and Eastern Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schleswig-Holstein#Plebiscite_in_1920
A life without Samurai is possible, but not desirable!

Offline Erik

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »
I love the round bases.  I don't have any horse and musket stuff yet but I've always thought round > square.

As stated earlier, I plan to use these troops for Eagles of Empires rule set. It recomments this basing system. I am pretty sure the designer was inspiret by Michael Lech (Dalauppror) who has used this system for Lions Rampant.

Cheers
Erik

Offline Erik

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 09:39:54 PM »
Haven't posted in a while but that doesn't mean I've been idle. I got some models from Dave and I've painted a few more from my old Waterloo to Mons range.

First up some dragoons. These guys really outdid themselves during the war and beat the Germans in every encounter. A no-brainer in any Danish army.

Secondly a squad of Schleswig-Holstein infantry. Just as the dragoons, these guys are from Daves hand. They played a key role in the war and were the sole opposition after Prussia withdrew from the war.

Lastly a few leftovers from the Waterloo to Mons range. A Prussian canon (actually the canon is Daves but the crew is WtM) and some jaegers. I only had 4 of these, so if anyone reading this has some, please let me know.

We gave the EoE rule a test run a few weeks back and had a great time. These rules really have potential. Aside from using VP to buy more squads (see the first post), you can buy special traits. The ones we had were for the Franco-Prussian War, but they scream out for customicasion. It's through these traits that you can truly tailor the game to your taste.

Cheers
Erik

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 01:41:16 AM »
great looking figures and paint jobs.