Forum > Commercial

Post-Brexit Shipping (EU<->UK): What's the situation for customers and traders?

(1/67) > >>

Andrew66:
I’m noticing a lack of info from online traders regarding there new dealings with EU customers , Warlord and perry seem on the ball but no notifications from others , is this due to lack of clarity on the procedures or will UK manufacturers be looking inward only , what is your experience?

v_lazy_dragon:
Frontrank and a few others have put a hold on shipping to the EU whilst they resolve this.

I think it's less the manufacturers looking inward and more the fact that the trade deal was established literally just before Christmas, when many traders had already closed, and the UK is trying to deal with rapid shifts in Tier restrictions and a new national lockdown due to the COVID variant. From what I have heard, there is basically no guidance from the UK government regarding what the deal means for many small companies, so they will be trying to work it out whilst also trying to work out if they are even allowed to be open, and in what capacity that 'opening' might be.
Give them a couple of weeks to sort things out ;-)

Andrew66:
I guessed it was more lack of information from governments part , it’s unfortunate that some businesses will suffer , I suspect that people in Europe like myself will eventually take the extra costs as part of having a hobby  and just suck it up 😞 or I’ll start fishing instead

Antonio J Carrasco:
Lack of info, I guess. In theory, with the deal as it is there are no customs between the UK and EU, but do they get to collect VAT? Or not? What is the paperwork necessary to send out of the UK? And the lockdown I guess is not helping either. Hope this will be short it out soon and trade goes back to normal. In the meanwhile, I am saving money for later.

PS: I asked Eureka UK (I need to order some Austrian Hussars for the Revolutionary Wars) but not answer from them yet.

Antonio J Carrasco:

--- Quote from: v_lazy_dragon on January 06, 2021, 09:27:00 AM ---Frontrank and a few others have put a hold on shipping to the EU whilst they resolve this.

I think it's less the manufacturers looking inward and more the fact that the trade deal was established literally just before Christmas, when many traders had already closed, and the UK is trying to deal with rapid shifts in Tier restrictions and a new national lockdown due to the COVID variant. From what I have heard, there is basically no guidance from the UK government regarding what the deal means for many small companies, so they will be trying to work it out whilst also trying to work out if they are even allowed to be open, and in what capacity that 'opening' might be.
Give them a couple of weeks to sort things out ;-)

--- End quote ---

Be safe over there! This bugger is a nasty bastard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version