Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Post-Brexit Shipping (EU<->UK): What's the situation for customers and traders?  (Read 79369 times)

Offline Ranthony

• Scientist
Re: Post-Brexit Shipping (EU<->UK): Lack of information from traders
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2021, 06:39:21 PM »
If it's of any help to anyone posting to the EU, I just sold 2 painted 28mm figures to a guy in France on the 11th for £50 including postage, delivered today with failed delivery yesterday.
No additional fees outside of the 10.50 postage despite declaring their worth at the post office.

If I've got it right, there's a fee only if the goods are above a certain value, which shouldn't hinder personal sales that don't draw the attention of Le taxman.
Exodus 1:10 KJV
Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2021, 10:22:46 AM »
Got a parcel from Great Britain yesterday 18€ customs and handling. This gets quite expensive !!
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Andrew66

• Assistant
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2021, 10:27:37 AM »
What was the value of the contents

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2021, 10:47:50 AM »
I recently got an order from Pendraken the order was 33£ Paid 5£'ish VAT and 22£ ransom (handling charges) to the Danish postal service.

That extortion fee the post charges really is what does it for me. I will be ordering from places in europe from now on or in bulk from the UK. I am afraid that might leave out a lot of the smaller one man band operations. Unless they have something that I really cannot live on without.

Offline Andrew66

• Assistant
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2021, 08:35:01 PM »
I’m just keeping orders small under the threshold

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2021, 10:11:43 PM »
The threshold in Dk is 8£ so that is not really an option either.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2021, 07:04:31 PM »
The threshold in Dk is 8£ so that is not really an option either.

That's just great.  :?

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2021, 07:04:38 AM »
My order ha a value of about 100pounds sterling. So a 18% surcharge for customs and handling  :(

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2021, 07:31:50 AM »
My order ha a value of about 100pounds sterling. So a 18% surcharge for customs and handling  :(

Given that German VAT is 19% and the postal service’s handling fee is 6 euros, you’ve not really paid much more than if you had to pay U.K. VAT at 20%. Unless, of course, your seller isn’t registered for VAT and didn’t deduct 20% VAT for the export. Compared with customers in Belgium paying 24 euros handling fee and 21% VAT, you’re laughing. :)
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Fanis

• Librarian
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2021, 11:07:01 AM »
Yep. Package from NI stopped at customs and they are now asking for fees/vat and the lot. I have appealed the decision but I am not hopeful.

Those of you who got your packages from NI without trouble which prefix was used in your invoices/shipping labels please? Was it GB or XI?

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/sites/taxation/files/2021-brexit-top-50-faq.pdf

To explain why I am asking; from what i read here (go to page 9) the XI prefix should be the one used. In my package GB was used and I suspect that may be the reason customs is being difficult.

I may of course be entirely wrong/off the mark.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2021, 07:44:36 AM »
Waiting for some small orders from the UK: TAG, Bicorne and Warbases. I know for sure that TAG is not VAT registered (Pete confirmed it in an email), but can't remember if Bicorner or Warbases are, although I suspect they aren't. For past experiences with the Spanish Postal Service -stuff from the USA- handling fees are 10€, which added to 21% VAT (if charged) will rise up quite a bit the price of the stuff I bought. I fully expect that the order from Warbases is not stopped (it is a very small order, and can fit in an envelope comfortably), but not sure what will happen with TAG and Bicorne. Maybe I should start buying using my action figures shop -technically, I can- which means that at least I can deduct any VAT charged at customs, at least until the system to calculate and collect VAT at the point of purchase is implemented in July.

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2021, 06:08:05 AM »
Ok, parcel got through today from the UK declared €40 value plus at €10 in value including post, which is €10 above the limit of €40 for France. Nothing to pay La Poste.

Have my Perry pre order arriving this week expect to pay €35 plus on the £118 order.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2021, 07:02:38 AM »
16 Euro order of magnetic sheets, ordered from the UK Jan 2nd to a total of 16 Euro including p&p. Today I was hit with local VAT and fees for an additional 17 Euros so *that* fucking sucks.
I know its a familiar tune, but I for one can benefit from knowing that it is relentless.

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2021, 09:55:58 AM »
Please note that from March 1st we will be VAT registered and deducting VAT for all overseas customers.  Paint prices have gone up slightly but not the full 20% so they will be slightly cheaper for overseas sales...

Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2021, 05:05:09 PM »
Sorry all haven't followed this whole thread closely but has anyone had recent (say late Jan onwards once things settled down) with Deep Cut mats direct to the UK? I think they're vat registered here but not sure - going to order anyway, just wondered how stung I'll get?!