Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686436
  • Total Topics: 118099
  • Online Today: 723
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The General Died at Dawn [more pics added]  (Read 2016 times)

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
The General Died at Dawn [more pics added]
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »
The title is from an old black and white movie from the 1930's about a Chinese warlord. Thought the title would fit with this photo of Bob Murch's Chinese general from the old Pulp Figures pack (out of production, but available from Crucible Crush). I finished 22 figures just before New Years Day. But the photos loaded onto LAF upside down, so I had to delete them. The only photo that came out OK was this one. The guy on the left is from Bob Murch's Zeppelin crew.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 08:45:34 PM by warrenpeace »
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The General Died at Dawn
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 04:33:26 AM »
Really nicely painted.
I remember the movie watched it many years ago.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:12:49 AM »
By the way, Marine, I've mostly been using the technique of block paint and wash that you showed me years ago. I haven't gone as far as trying the Windsor Newton chestnut ink that you used on some belts, though I still have a bottle of that. Maybe I'll try it on an upcoming batch of Pulp Alley figures that I have on the table. And this last batch of 22 figures is coated with that Patricia Neimocks sealer that you showed me years ago. I did put Testers dull coat over that.

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 10:38:37 AM »
I think those are some wonderful old minis. Well done.
A.Nik-

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Re: The General Died at Dawn [more pics added]
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 08:42:13 PM »
I figured out how to get my images oriented correctly on LAF. The first pic here is of a big Copplestone Chinese bandit leader flanked by two Pulp Figures Chinese militia:

This next image is of the Pulp Figures Chinese militia:

The next two images are of the Pulp Figures Chinese warlord troops, mostly in fur hats:

Note that these packs are out of production at Pulp Figures, and may be resculpted at some point. However, there may be a few packs left out there at Crucible Crush or other stores.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 04:07:18 AM »
Starting to put together some buildings for adventures in the Far East, I grabbed the first MDF kit in the top of my box from Sarissa Precision and started to put it together. This was the 3 story pagoda (one can add more stories if desired). Since I need to run a 3rd Pulp Alley scenario of the daimyo's wife series, I figured this pagoda could be used in samurai Japan before I used it in China.

This has been something of a mistake. Since I'm new to building laser cut MDF buildings, and am not much of a modeler anyway, this kit turned out to be too big and complicated for a first project. I should have built a few smaller buildings and boats first. Oh well, this pagoda is taking a long time to build as I learn along the way. Have made some mistakes so far, but the base and ground floor are done. And the middle floor is almost done. Here's what it looks like so far:

Offline Ehpeaell

• Student
    • Sir Rand McNally, 25mm Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 02:16:51 AM »
Love that pagoda!  Going to look fantastic when it's finished.  It looks like a real centerpiece for the table.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 04:43:31 PM »
Pagoda is almost finished. Just need to seal the paint and glue at least one of the stories together with another. The overall height is too tall to fit in my deepest plastic box! Here's the general and some of his friends at the pagoda:

Here's a view of the three level version (Sarissa sells extra middle levels) fully assembled & painted:

This will do double duty in China & Japan. There's plenty of Japanese buildings here in the collection of my friend, Jeff. But now I need to buy some building kits for China. Could also scratch build a few, I suppose.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 07:47:49 PM »
Warren,
            Bob has re-released some of the old China packs.  Check the website.  The warlord is available again.