Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anthropomorphic minis for post apocalyptic, scifi or modern gaming?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
I asked this question in the post apoc forum, but perhaps it would be better asked here?

I got thinking about This Is Not A Test and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (hey, they've got similar acronyms TNT and TMNT) and that then got me thinking about the TMNT rpg from the '80s and its wacky supplements, After the Bomb, Roadhogs, Mutants in Space, etc. Then I got thinking about it would be cool to do a mutant warband for TNT with anthropomorphic TMNT-style mutants. Anyone have any suggestions for minis?

I saw there was a kickstarter for NoMad minis by Old Gamers Workshop. Do they sell any of the minis they've already produced? Or is there a late back for their most recent kickstarter?

Some of the answers I received:
Albedo Combat Patrol
Reaper has some if you dig through their ranges
Hasslefree has a few
Crooked Dice: Planet of the Apes style Simians and some Thundercats inspired Beastmen
Eureka: Also has some Planet of the Apes style minis
Converting from Frostgrave Gnolls and Snakemen and Wargames Atlantic Lizardmen
Dark Platypus Mutant Mayhem (mostly mutants, not so much animal ones)
Bombshell Minitiatures has some scifi anthropomorphs

And then I found
Interloper Miniaatures
Khurasan has some in their 28mm scifi line
Drowned Earth

If you know of any others, feel free to add.

Offline Craig Oxbrow

• Assistant
Re: Anthropomorphic minis for post apocalyptic, scifi or modern gaming?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 01:09:15 AM »
Infinity has several across the range, including spec ops wolf people (of which this is just one) and a Highlander dog man, parkour goat, cat and fox people, lizard people and mantis people.

Mantic has sci-fi Deadzone armies and Dreadball football teams of rat people, insectoids, Cthulhoid aquatics and crustaceans and dinosaur types, and a few individuals like this dashing hyena man and this armoured shark man.

Hero Forge has a number of animal head and body part options if you want to customise, though this is not a cheap option for a large warband unless you can 3D print yourself.

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
Re: Anthropomorphic minis for post apocalyptic, scifi or modern gaming?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 02:27:55 PM »
I was missing around with Hero Forge yesterday, I've never bought one before. I don't own a 3D resin printer, but I have friends who do. I imagine printing a 10-12 member warband from Hero Forge would be pricey.

I was aware of the Infinity werewolf guys, but not the other races. I hadn't considered poking around Deadzone, I always thought the manta ray guys for Dreadball were cool.