Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 3D Printing - Replacing The Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) Sheet  (Read 1069 times)

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
Thought some might be interested in how I change the FEP Sheet on my resin 3D Printer. I'd certainly like to know how others do it if they do something different - e.g. spacer placement.

https://www.fantoricalwargaming.com/post/3d-printing-replacing-the-fluorinated-ethylene-propylene-fep-sheet

Painting & Gaming Blog: https://www.fantoricalwargaming.com/
Daily Super-hero Comic Review Blog: http://thebrownbagaeccb.blogspot.co.uk

Offline EZPAINTER

• Bookworm
  • www.ezpainter.co.uk - Affordable mini commissions
Re: 3D Printing - Replacing The Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) Sheet
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 11:02:28 AM »
A great share that maks me slightly nervous as I scratched the c**P out of my sheet during my first few prints. I've done many successful ones but get random issues sometimes. i'm now realising why. Where did you get the replacement? I've got a mars 3.
www.ezpainter.co.uk - Affordable mini commissions

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 06:45:55 PM »
Thanks EzPainter. I get my spares from Amazon, as they seem to cater for everything I need for my Mars 3 Pro printer. Hope this helps.

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 09:32:08 PM »
Thanks EzPainter. I get my spares from Amazon, as they seem to cater for everything I need for my Mars 3 Pro printer. Hope this helps.
Same here, just bought the next best off-brand FEPs that came sized for my vats.
A great share that maks me slightly nervous as I scratched the c**P out of my sheet during my first few prints. I've done many successful ones but get random issues sometimes. i'm now realising why. Where did you get the replacement? I've got a mars 3.
scratches are usually fine - dents however... I also bought 4 replacement vats, great for continueing after a screw up without cleaninig first
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 09:41:27 PM by Glitzer »
Far less active than I used to...

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 08:34:54 AM »
Great walkthrough :)

I had to replace mine a couple of months ago after I stupidly placed it on my workbench without cleaning the surface, and a sharp sliver of metal pierced the sheet... ::) I usually put down some paper towel before setting down the vat, but the roll was out just minutes before and I just went ahead. And regretted it immediately.

The original FEP had been on there since I had bought it (Mars 2 Pro) two years ago now. It was scratched and even dented in a few places almost from the beginning (because of hamfisted me not cleaning it properly), but I never had any issues or failed printes because of them.

Also; my printer came with two replacement sheets, so I didn't even have to order anything...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Minus

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 08:11:05 PM »
I've had the original mars pro since late 2020 and have cycled between a couple of vats. Never changed my FEP despite having spares.

Thanks to finding your handy card trick last night (and remembering I picked up a wowstick screwdriver last year I could use on the nearly 40 screws), I gave this a go today and it was a successful endeavor!

Thanks very much for posting this tutorial. I've never utilized my printer as much as I should, but I'm motivated to get back to it...