Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:35:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Saucer War One - News and Information thread  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
Saucer War One - News and Information thread
« on: February 19, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »
Hello everyone!

Rather than spam the forum with multiple posts, I thought I'll combine my Saucer War One post here.

There's a new article over on the Miniature Martin blog. This time, we take a look at the Weapon Disc, and what it does.

https://miniaturemartin.com/2021/02/28/hostile-saucers-weapon-disc-preview-for-saucer-war-one/

I hope you enjoy this sneak peek into the game's development. Thanks for looking!

Please pardon all these flights of fancy of mine, but I am getting a little excited about the miniatures being sculpted for Saucer War One. In part, this is because I just took delivery of two Elegoo Mars 2 Pro 3D printers, so soon I'll be able to show off actual, real, physical miniatures, rather than mere renders. It's a great feeling to know that something you're crafting is finally coming together.  :D

Now, on to today's UFO disclosure! Flying down from Venusian motherships, this is the Noordican's Triga beta-type saucer. An ancient design of the alien Annunaki pressed into service by the desperate denizens of Venus.

Beta type saucers are heavy fighters — the Saucer War One equivalents of Me110's, DeHavilland Mosquitos, and P-61 Black Widows. These are the beasts you release where you're done talking and its time to smash some saucers.

As a 1/200th scale miniature, the Triga is 73mm across. Bigger than the humble Biga which makes the bulk of the Noordican fleet, but more nimble than the mighty Quadriga alpha-type that does the heavy lifting (literally), for the 'Enlightenment' of Earth. (Alphas will be revealed... well, as soon as we get them sculpted!  ;) )

You can find out more about Saucer War One here on the Miniature Martin blog. Do come take a look, if you like this sort of thing.

https://miniaturemartin.com

Thank you for taking a look, and — Watch the Skies!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 02:27:19 PM by Macrossmartin »
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
Re: Saucer War One - News and Information thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:43:44 PM »
Thanks Martin.  I think this thread needs more SilverCat!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:11:57 AM »
Thanks Martin.  I think this thread needs more SilverCat!

I can only agree! And as soon as I get to fire up my new Elegoo printer, there WILL be more Silvercat!  :D

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »
Saucer War One: Do you want to know more...?

I've just compiled a selection of answers to questions people ask about SW1. When will it be available? What scale? How much? And how many Grey aliens can dance on the head of a pin?

https://miniaturemartin.com/2021/03/11/state-of-the-saucer-1/

Follow the link above to the Miniature Martin blog, because the truth is in there!

Didn't answer your question? Post it in a reply here, and I'll add it to the State of the Saucer.