Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wirelizard's Gaslands cars & scenery (new cars, 14 May 2023!)  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: Wirelizard's Gaslands cars & scenery (gates update, 21 March)
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 08:08:35 AM »
Part Five of my gates build is up over on the blog: http://www.warbard.ca/2021/03/23/gates-for-gaslands-part-five/

That's the backs of all six of the regular gate towers, showing off the random scrap metal girders of the structures and the speaker cabinets and loudspeakers to keep the post-apoc deathsport arena rocking!

Had some real-world interruptions to sort out this week and this weekend is my wife's birthday so finished photos of the whole setup will be up sometime next week.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: Wirelizard's Gaslands cars & scenery (more gates update, 27 March)
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 11:22:07 PM »
Those are pretty cool, very thematic ;)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: Wirelizard's Gaslands cars & scenery (more gates update, 27 March)
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2023, 08:03:21 PM »
Resurrecting this thread as we've started doing Gaslands stuff again after a bit of a break - we did a LOT of Gaslands-by-webcam during the 2020/2021 "limit yer social contacts" phase of COVID and kind of burned out a bit.

But at the Trumpeter Salute convention in April we ran a pair of pickup games that were awesome fun, and there's nothing like good actual games to get your enthusiasm back.

I've pulled out a pair of cars I'd started conversions on and gotten them finished, and then started a batch of completely new cars. My personal favourites of the first batch is this Ford Model T hotrod further Gaslanded with spikes and weapons.

My brother had a 1950s Jaguar Model D racecar model in his giant Gaslands stash and I looted it and am turning it into a monster truck. I've also got another spiked-up sports car, and a rally car with a rocket launcher and a bigot-detecting paint job in progress.

The Monster D suspension was fun to do, it's basically a cartoon sketch of suspension but that's really very Gaslands!

There's some more workbench photos over on the Warbard: http://www.warbard.ca/2023/05/14/back-to-gaslands/

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Wirelizard's Gaslands cars & scenery (new cars, 14 May 2023!)
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2023, 09:43:39 AM »
I really should return to my own Gaslands project, because it's such a fun game and the conversion process is just so much fun!

Your work is really inspiring, as I still need to do my own gates (I'm still using glass beads at the moment) and what you did is very close to what I had in mind myself. So don't be alarmed if/when mine show up (eventually) looking a tad similar... ;)

The cars are also really nice and diverse. Are you working towards fielding entire themed teams, or will the teams be a combination of individual cars?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: Wirelizard's Gaslands cars & scenery (new cars, 14 May 2023!)
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2023, 05:13:13 AM »
I really should return to my own Gaslands project, because it's such a fun game and the conversion process is just so much fun!

Your work is really inspiring, as I still need to do my own gates (I'm still using glass beads at the moment) and what you did is very close to what I had in mind myself. So don't be alarmed if/when mine show up (eventually) looking a tad similar... ;)

The cars are also really nice and diverse. Are you working towards fielding entire themed teams, or will the teams be a combination of individual cars?

Coming back to this after a number of months of little interaction with LAF, but please do riff off my gates with your own, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I'm not particularly planning any themed builds, just a series of one-ofs as the mood takes me. Some of them might wind up themed, I guess, I already have a pair of spikey cars, the yellow Model T and the slime-green sports car, after all...