Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: West End Games - Star Wars (added AT-PT walker)  (Read 10052 times)

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added Ahsoka Tano)
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2021, 06:59:21 AM »
Great stuff, puts my efforts to shame

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added Ahsoka Tano)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2021, 02:29:01 AM »
Thanks  :)
Some rebel scum join Ahsoka Tano. Most are West End Games miniatures, with the addition of a Metal Magic female adventurer (converted as a female dubravan) and a Denizen miniature painted as Commander Mirith Sinn (Star Wars Crimson Empire I-II-III comics), while the other rebels' paint scheme is ispired by the rebels from the Star Wars Crimson Empire I comic book.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added rebel scum)
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2021, 12:01:26 AM »
I normally avoid pre-painted plastic miniatures, but I made an exception for the WotC Star Wars Miniatures Phase Zero Dark Trooper. I repainted the miniature and the final result is quite good. Surely, the size is much bigger of my 25mm West End Games Star Wars miniatures (but curiously the blaster has the same size of the stormtroopers), but I want to justify it as the "normal" size of a enhanced human, with an average height of about 230cm. Actually it could be considered the Galactic Empire/Imperial Remnant equivalent of a Space Marine from the Imperium of Warhammer 40.000 background. Maybe a new Dark Project (Phase 0.1?) done by my Moff Damon Gul Reda.

Comparison size of the the Dark Trooper with one of my painted WEG Stormtroopers.

Comparison Size of WH40k Space Marine with average Human.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:13:29 AM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added rebel scum)
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »
I normally avoid pre-painted plastic miniatures, but I made an exception for the WotC Star Wars Miniatures Phase Zero Dark Trooper. I repainted the miniature and the final result is quite good. Surely, the size is much bigger of my 25mm West End Games Star Wars miniatures (but curiously the blaster has the same size of the stormtroopers), but I want to justify it as the "normal" size of a enhanced human, with an average height of about 230cm. Actually it could be considered the Galactic Empire/Imperial Remnant equivalent of a Space Marine from the Imperium of Warhammer 40.000 background. Maybe a new Dark Project (Phase 0.1?) done by my Moff Damon Gul Reda.

Comparison size of the the Dark Trooper with one of my painted WEG Stormtroopers.

Comparison Size of WH40k Space Marine with average Human.

Yeah, thats a dude who's had his space wheaties!

I'm loving seeing the WEG range, first time I've seen them painted. Very interesting sculpts.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added Dark Trooper Phase 0)
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 11:52:12 PM »
I painted two imperial officers: a Stormtrooper Commander and a Chiss as a Colonel of the Imperial Remnant.

A stormtrooper commander, ispiration for my painted miniature (Blue pauldron).

A groupshot of Imperial Remnant forces lead by Colonel Dlesd'erash'zarca "Derashz". Soon I will paint 5 Imperial troopers too.

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
I love this project!

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
It is definitely the year of the Chiss   ;)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG

I painted 5 Imperial Troopers, here a picture of them alongside other imperials. This could be a nice Imperial Remnant force (or Galactic Empire).

I painted the Imperial Troopers with their classic paint scheme.

I always liked the concept and background of the Imperial Remnant (12-44 ABY, After Battle of Yavin). It sued peace with the New Republic in 19 ABY and in 28 ABY joined the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances (the New Republic successor state) to fight the Yuuzhan-Vong. Here some informations for who don't know its background:

The Imperial Remnant, known as the Remnant, the Galactic Empire, Pellaeon's Empire or just as the Empire, was the continuation of the Galactic Empire in the outer reaches of the galaxy. It survived the fragmentation and fall of the First Galactic Empire as it slipped into decades of interregnum following the death of Emperor Palpatine as none of his alleged descendants or relatives succeeded him to the throne, remaining vacant until the ascension of Emperor Jagged Fel who established a new dynasty.

As the galaxy's largest Imperial power, the Remnant was known mostly in its own borders as the Galactic Empire, and adhered to the tenets of the former Emperor Palpatine's New Order; although slavery and anti-alien sentiment were abolished, the Remnant maintained a strong military and limited public expression.

More informations here: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_Remnant

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added Imperial Troopers)
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2021, 01:28:56 PM »
I painted a Denizen and a Ral Partha miniature as Star Wars Pirates. These true 25mm miniatures have eyes really small (about 0,5mm or even less), in fact some of the eyes I painted are unsatisfactory (maybe I will try to correct them soon or later). Now I understand because some guys don't paint the eyes but leaves them black or in the shade.  ;)

I was ispired by the Star Wars Pirate Captain Leonia Tavira and her bodyguard from a background character from Crimson Empire II comic book.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added Pirates)
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 12:57:57 AM »
I painted five pirates as thugs of Leonia. It include two classic West End Games Star Wars aliens, a Grenadier Future Warriors Scavenger a Denizen miniature Bodyguard with ACR and a West Wind Production Montgnard (painted as a green skin alien with mask). I repainted the eyes of Leonia, now they are a little better.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added Imperial Troopers)
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »
I painted a Denizen and a Ral Partha miniature as Star Wars Pirates. These true 25mm miniatures have eyes really small (about 0,5mm or even less), in fact some of the eyes I painted are unsatisfactory (maybe I will try to correct them soon or later). Now I understand because some guys don't paint the eyes but leaves them black or in the shade.  ;)

I was ispired by the Star Wars Pirate Captain Leonia Tavira and her bodyguard from a background character from Crimson Empire II comic book.

Leonia, probably, shouldn't be a pirate considering that she comes back later one and earlier in legends...her last role, if I remember right, was as one of the warlords, an the main antagonist for "I, Jedi"

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added 5 more Pirates)
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 03:05:46 AM »
Great thread! You really got a lot of detail into such small miniatures. They look wonderful, so much character! Thanks for posting them, I look forward to more.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added 5 more Pirates)
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2021, 09:31:51 AM »
Thanks :) I painted two more rebels. A "yeti" alien (fine for a star wars Akurian) and "teddy bear" alien (maybe a subspecies of ewok?). Here a picture of these aliens with the other rebel scum:

A picture of the Star Wars Akurians:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:55:34 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added 2 more rebels)
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2021, 11:42:17 AM »
I painted two more pirates: a female near-human alien with violet skin and a small gamorrean.
Here the new miniatures (bottom left and right) with the yet painted pirates:

The female near-human was ispired by this Star Wars character:

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
Re: West End Games - Star Wars (added 2 more pirates)
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2021, 01:14:15 PM »
This project continues to impress!