Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:01:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: They only come out at night...sometimes...maybe.  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Galman

• Scientist
They only come out at night...sometimes...maybe.
« on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
Well finally getting some of my terrain together for my post apocolyptic/zombie board going.  Now I am not the best terrain maker, but I am enjoying it quite much.  Im just doing the bulk parts of the terrain and then I will go and add smaller details as the time passes.
Bubbas Garage

this will be SunRest Bank when I get some more done to it.

and inside Bubbas Garage

thats it for now, hopefully will have more updates later.  Working on the church too atm, so might get that done later this evening.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: They only come out at night...sometimes...maybe.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:35:30 PM »
Your title made me think aliens rather than zombies, (as it was almost newt's line 'they mostly come out at night...mostly).

The only advice I can give at this stage is try to concentrate on doing one building well at a time, don't give up with being tidy and accurate, take your time, plan and you should end up with something very useable.

Good luck.

The Commander

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 11:58:09 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Galman

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:45:21 PM »
Thanks Cmdr.  I probably will end up doing this anyways.  Sorry for misleading on the title.  I did just watch Aliens yesterday, most likely where it came from  lol

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:00:03 AM »
The title reminded me mostly of the Lordi song "They only come out at night":

I like the design of the garage but it's a bit bland. For one: it's grey, and a lot of buildings have a lick of paint on them (ie, are not bare concrete) so don't be afraid to give your buildings some more exotic colours. You can also give it a bit of a drybrush and wash with some browns, black, white and possibly green to break up the walls. Especially the sign is amazingly clean and white.

A simple way to add more detail (which in turn gives a better sense of scale) is to add posters and graffiti. You can go a long way into detailing a building without building or painting miniature furniture 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Galman

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:59:10 PM »
Thanks Pil I do appreciate it.  I am also taking the CMDRs advice and sticking with these two till I am happy with them and then moving on!  I got some ideas as well to spruce them up and posters was one of them  8)

but alas this must wait...my wife just bought me Left 4 Dead 2 for the 360 and I need to kill some zombies!

Offline Galman

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
All righty then, now we got some minis to show.  A few survivors/gangers and one poor zombie.  Thanks!