Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Squat conversion  (Read 8200 times)

Offline llisos

• Assistant
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Hemalwr Leader Gang CONFRONTATION
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 09:05:22 AM »
Thank you all for your comments!

I'll try to show you the rest of the gang soon.

Offline llisos

• Assistant
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Hemalwr Leader Gang CONFRONTATION
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2021, 09:54:09 AM »
Helmawr Gang complete!!!!!!!

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Hemalwr Gang complete!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »
Simply beautiful! I really love that old school colour scheme. It really suits your classic miniatures.  :-*

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Hemalwr Gang complete!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2021, 12:50:51 PM »
Very nice indeed! A fully completed Helmawr gang is such a rare thing. I really enjoy the yellow jackets on these.

Offline llisos

• Assistant
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Imperial Assassin
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2021, 09:53:32 AM »
Hello again!

I show you my "ninja" imperial assassin. I painted it after almost 20 years without picking up a brush.
It is one of my favorite miniatures of imperial agents.

I hope you like it!

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2021, 09:20:11 AM »
 :o yes!!!! fabtastic job on a great model!!!!!

Offline llisos

• Assistant
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2021, 10:08:39 AM »
Good again!

Today I bring my two plastic eldar guardians.

The one on the left is from the era of the second edition of the WH40K, but the one on the right (with a huge shuriken rifle) is the first plastic eldar officially released on the ROGUE TRADER era, but not for this game: it came for the "Eldar Attack" expansion of the Space Crusade.

The scheme colour is Yriel's Eldritch Raiders.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Eldar Guardians
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »
Lovely additions!
 :-*

That completed Gang looks stunning, also good to see some proper old skool tiger stripes on those Guardians.
 8)

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2021, 01:04:28 PM »
That is one sweet Confrontation gang!

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2021, 02:12:24 PM »
Sigh.  I miss the days when shuriken catapults were weapons that struck fear in any foe's heart.  The anemic version that's somehow persisted for six editions now feel like a sad parody of the real thing.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2021, 03:23:26 PM »
Sigh.  I miss the days when shuriken catapults were weapons that struck fear in any foe's heart.  The anemic version that's somehow persisted for six editions now feel like a sad parody of the real thing.

Nice Guardians, as for the shuri-cats do you mean a range of 24", Str 4, -1 save mod and following-fire?  :-* see how old are we?

Keep up the good work with the old Eldar, I have some metal ones to repaint, the proto-Dire Avenger ones.

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »
Nice Guardians, as for the shuri-cats do you mean a range of 24", Str 4, -1 save mod and following-fire?  :-* see how old are we?

They had a -2 save mod in RT, and that when power armor was only a 4+ save.  Think they had a +2 to hit within 12" too instead of the more common +1, but I might be wrong.    Went through Marines like a hot knife through butter, and hardly anyone else even got a save.  They were still pretty respectable in 2nd ed too, where the following fire became a sustained fire die, "regular" Eldar dropped a point of ballistic skill and enemy power armor climbed to a 3+ save.  Still the best "rifle" weapon in the game, with the possible exception of the plasma gun (which is more of special squad support weapon, at least until Caul's freaks started fielding whole units with them).

Apparently the cost of having God Guns on their basic infantry for two editions at the dawn of the game was to get fewer new sculpts and units than any army in the game for the last twenty years or so.  It's a good thing so many of those older sculpts were decades ahead of their time...  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:22:32 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2021, 04:49:25 PM »

They had a -2 save mod in RT, and that when power armor was only a 4+ save.  Think they had a +2 to hit within 12" too instead of the more common +1, but I might be wrong.    Went through Marines like a hot knife through butter, and hardly anyone else even got a save.  They were still pretty respectable in 2nd ed too, where the following fire became a sustained fire die, "regular" Eldar dropped a point of ballistic skill and enemy power armor climbed to a 3+ save.  Still the best "rifle" weapon in the game, with the possible exception of the plasma gun (which is more of special squad support weapon, at least until Caul's freaks started fielding whole units with them).

Apparently the cost of having God Guns on their basic infantry for two editions at the dawn of the game was to get fewer new sculpts and units than any army in the game for the last twenty years or so.  It's a good thing so many of those older sculpts were decades ahead of their time...  :)

Gah, you are right I stand corrected, two many boltguns in my head  :o lol

Yeah 12" assault only weapons for a race that is so advanced and dying out, stupid, stupid! In my version of 40K 3rd they get back 24" max and stay assault 2, Str 4, AP5 which is almost as good as the originals ;D

Glen
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:22:45 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline llisos

• Assistant
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Eldar Dreadnought
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »
Good again!

Now I bring you my eldar dreadnought, following the scheme of the previous guardians.

I hope you like it!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My Rogue Trader Gallery (by Llisos) Eldar Dreadnought
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2021, 03:21:40 PM »
Love the dread!