Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Roswell '98: 1/72 Post Apoc (XR Bandit update)  (Read 32674 times)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
Re: Roswell '98: A North American Exclusion Zone in 20mm (04.26.21 Update)
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2021, 03:32:24 PM »
Excellent!
We has many fun games using the DF figures using Necromunda rules.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2021, 05:18:43 PM »
Oh man, I'd love to see your DF minis used for Necromunda.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »
Very cool.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »
Thanks!
I wasn't sure if the Copplestone Wasteland Warriors would fit in with the Perry Robed Cultist, but I think they turned out alright. Not as seamless as the Highway Patrol set, but this'll work.

Offline metalface13

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
Thanks!
I wasn't sure if the Copplestone Wasteland Warriors would fit in with the Perry Robed Cultist, but I think they turned out alright. Not as seamless as the Highway Patrol set, but this'll work.

A cohesive paint job always does the trick. Well done!

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
Into the Badlands ride the Thrill Hunters.

Pivoting back over to my near apocalyptic setting for Gaslands and Zona Alfa, I was able to work on and trick up a few vehicles for the third gang to ride into the badlands…the Thrill Hunters.

This gang was designed around the latest Copplestone Casting offering for Gaslands through Northstar Miniatures, the Bootleggers. Obviously, they’re inspired by the Gasland sponsor, Rusty’s Bootleggers. The untimely reveal of these models around the unfortunate events of January 6th on the US Capitol, left a strong imprint of nationalists in my mind. Not a terrible faction for a post-apocalyptic setting, but maybe not as fun as cultists and punks for a little imaginary play and escapism.

So, I’ve made a game attempt to rehab the models for my table with a re-theming. As this project is also an outlet for inspirational genre media, I’ve re-positioned this faction more as monster hunters and adrenaline junkies in the vein of Burt Gummer (the Tremors franchise) and Tallahassee (Zombieland). With all the weirdness around Roswell in 1998, it’s become quite the attraction for those looking to experience life on the edge and make some extra cash from whatever they can pull out of the badlands.

Continuing to make use of the Greenlight 1:64 car range, I sought out a few vehicles that I thought would exude excitement and thrills. Coming across both a 1974 Bigfoot and a 1991 Jeep Wrangler with flames detailed over the hood was perfect. They also meet my requirement of being vehicle models released in 1998 or prior. Again, the aim of my Gaslands table is more like the first Mad Max, a few slight vehicle upgrades, not the gonzo-ness of something like Fury Road. So, I try to limit the conversions to only one or two extra additions. We can see the Copplestone drivers fit very well in these Greenlight vehicles.

As with the other gangs, I’ve got a larger truck, a midsize, and a motorcycle of sorts. For the Bigfoot bed weapon I went with a large harpoon. Perfect for spearing and dragging graboids and other large critters with. For the Jeep, some sort of tubed projectile launcher. Maybe some tubes have large tranq darts, others nets, maybe a few legit rockets. Both have front rams necessary to plow through zombies, xenomorphs, or to knock out graboids.[/img]

For the trike, I’ve gone with another Citadel Dark Future vehicle, still the best option for motorcycles at this scale. The trike has a flat section in the back and another harpoon fit perfectly. I opted to go with a helmeted rider with a classic aviator look. Being exposed out on the trike he’s going with more protection than the truck and jeep riders. In my mind, he’s the more disciplined Burt Gummer-type of this set. Perhaps even coordinating the group on their runs.

I did add a few flame transfers to the trike that I had from the Blood Bowl Shambling Undead transfer set. It’s not much, but I can’t freehand flames like that, so it works for me. All along, I model for Rule of Cool, so even if these vehicles are actually equipped with machine guns or what not for games of Gaslands, I want them to _look_ like they have tools for big game hunting. Obviously, Rusty’s Bootleggers is the sponsor to use these models with, except liquor they’re smuggling and trading in monster parts and recovered alien debris.

Another ride for cash and glory into the badlands of Roswell ’98.

For more posts like this and other mini misadventures, head over to Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 02:40:02 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
That's so great. Thanks for posting those vehicle pix.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
That's so great. Thanks for posting those vehicle pix.

Thanks!
I really do recommend the Greenlight vehicles for anyone wanting consistency in their car scale.

This 'Thrill Hunter' gang is going to use the 'Trader' rules in my 20mm games of Zona Alfa. I was working on the cars and on-foot models at the same time, but I think I'm going to pivot over to all the vehicles for all the gangs, then all the on-foot models for the gangs.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
[/quo :(te]

Hi Jack sorry I missed your comment.
Not sure if there are still pictures on here after photobucket did it's thing.
Although I still have the figures etc will dig them out for some pics when I get back from this trip if you want?

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
[/quo :(te]

Hi Jack sorry I missed your comment.
Not sure if there are still pictures on here after photobucket did it's thing.
Although I still have the figures etc will dig them out for some pics when I get back from this trip if you want?

Sounds great!

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
Using the Zona Alfa rules for my Roswell ’98 project has given me reason to recollect, for a third time, all those great Alan Perry Citadel 20mm Dark Future post apocalyptic figures. So, where does my collection stand now and will I end up with a complete set?

Near as I can tell from crawling the world wide web, the above image is pretty much a master list of all the available 20mm Citadel Street Warriors for Dark Future. To be clear, this is bodies on their feet. There are several drivers and such not included above. Also, the above is complete besides three others: a special edition Santa that pops up on eBay pretty frequently, and the two ‘Ops’ I’ve framed in the below image.

Now, those two I haven’t seen on eBay too often, so have always assumed they were rare. They aren’t even in the first image above. Were they a later release? I don’t know, but lo and behold I came across this exact above collection in a single blister last week and jumped on it.

Those two Ops are the central figs in the bottom image. The four are figures I didn’t already have…four out of twelve in the blister are new to my collection. The fact that these two were in it (which I spotted in the listing) made the purchase a no-brainer. So, now that I have the two I thought I might not obtain, what’s left?

Above is my current checklist. There are still about 8 missing from my collection. At this rate, purchasing blisters is going to yield a lot of duplicates. Unless there’s a blister that contains the minis I’m missing, but I’ve always been under the assumption the DF Street Warrior blisters were random…until I came across the one I recently purchased last week which had the exact same image as what I posted. So, I’m not sure, but am not holding my breath expecting to find one.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:20:06 AM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
I will be home next week, will have a look and see what I have.

Offline 3Fingers2

• Librarian
This is great loved dark future And tremors 👍

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
Not sure if cussing is allowed on this board.   I'll have to censor a bit.   

This is absolutely bad@$$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J13QjLpGImY

Move 'em out!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 12:58:48 AM by KD47 »
For former content of mine, search my former user ID kalebdaark:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4831

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
Not sure if cussing is allowed on this board.   I'll have to censor a bit.   

This is absolutely bad@$$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J13QjLpGImY

Move 'em out!

Ha! I agree… this is very bad@$$. Other responsibilities have gotten in the way, but I’ve got more coming. Thanks for the encouragement!