Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:39:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690326
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heart's Necromunda: Death Ray Designs Armageddon Table Finished  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: Heart's Necromunda: Death Ray Designs Armageddon Table Finished
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 08:48:53 PM »
Oh my... I'm very much looking forward to this project.

I've thought about trying to build a vertical game area like this for years, inspired by that one old WD photo, but never mustered the courage. My hat is off to you.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 07:00:52 PM »
This all looks fantastic.  I've also thought about building a vertical table like that.  The closest I've come is getting some metal plates that can have levels put between them on magnets.  It works pretty well but is tough to move the figures around in them.

If I had the space to store it I'd try what you're doing. 

I can't wait to see more. 

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
Re: Heart's Necromunda: Hive City WIP
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »
I've begun working on the actual terrain for the table but not at all in the way I was thinking when I originally picked up Dark Uprising.

Based on the old White Dwarf Article I've started my own Hive Table. I figured between my growing obsession with Necromunda and the new Judge Dredd stuff among other things I could justify the cost of a Proxxon cutter and the time to build something just a little crazy

The whole board is going to measure out to a whopping 28 x 36 x 42" and is going to have a degree of modularity to keep things interesting. Each corner will have its own Point of interest and the first corner in question will have an elevator shaft.

I have a lot of lofty ideas for this one but for now its in its infancy. For scale purposes here's a couple figures placed on the board

I've detailed a little bit more of the build process on my blog here https://gamingwithmitten.blogspot.com/2020/01/hive-city-table-1-plans-and-first.html but in general, the walkways are 60mm deep and on 1" board. the structural board is 1.5" and the height between floors is 3 inches.

All this took about an evening of work. So provided I don't get bogged down too heavy into something else, this should be slow and steady progress.

I too have fancied doing something like this since I first saw that picture online a couple of years ago. I am thinking of doing something a little less underhive and more hard sci-fi. I am wondering about using foam packing from some white goods as the structure to provide some nice shapes/ detail in the structure. Love to see how this turns out.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »
Well, you certainly got my interest.

I've also had dreams of a vertical board, but never enough courage to actually try it.

Your terrain and minis look great, so I figure there is a lot more to come!  ;)