Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bloodborne - The board game (June 15: Hunter Axe & Chikage hunters)  (Read 22688 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (feb 6: Hunter with Saw Cleaver)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 12:19:37 PM »
They look great  :)

I can see the wolfy things being useful for other games.

Cheers man!
Will use them for sure in Frostgrave, Rangers and in my own game. Very cool models as generic werewolves.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (feb 6: Hunter with Saw Cleaver)
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »
And the next hunter is finished...the one in Executioner outfit and with the Gold Ardeo* helmet. He wields one of the heavy damage dealers of the game: the Kirkhammer. It's a trick weapon that consists of a sword for fast attacks that sheathes into the hammer. So you go from fast and dextrous swordplay to smashing enemies to pulp with a huge slab of stone. Lots of fun!
For painting it was interesting because the Executioner's set is extremely monotone in nature...grey, grey and grey! Only the black flappy things add some different colour. But I liked adding the contrast, different colour tones and weathering to him.

*The Gold Ardeo has the following description: "The odd helmet worn by the band of Executioners commanded by the martyr Logarius. The conical gold helmet, symbol of the executioners, represents luminosity, ambition, and an unflagging resolve to face impurity, staring it down with stern golden spirit. As the great Logarius once said, "Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:08:43 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (feb 10: Hunter with Kirkhammer)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
These are great!

Really digging the Cleric Beast on the first page too! Keep up the great work!

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 03:17:35 AM »
Beautiful job on that hero!

Although the hammer looks goofy - the sculpt, not your fault.

-Michael

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 12:42:44 PM »
I agree, it does look a bit silly. True to the original game from what I've seen, though. Lovely paint job.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 08:25:26 AM »
Thanks lads. Honestly, I feel the hammer is a bit small on the model. In the video game it feels even bigger. But that may also be because of the animations, it feels super heavy. It's really fun to swing around and bash the foul monsters to pulp with. Even better if you first rub some fire paper on it (sets it on fire!), then do a charged attack from the back (basically a suuuuper strong attack). Instant fried pancake moment...very satisfying lol

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 03:53:25 PM »
And another one done...this time it's Alfred, the Executioner. He's a NPC in the game and he can fight with you in some fights and you can fight him if you act against his insane actions. He's the one of the last known survivors of the 'Executioners' group, a radical group within the Healing Church. Their favoured weapon is the Logarius Wheel, one of my favourite weapons in the game. It's just very satisfying to smash enemies to pulp with a humongous wheel...or to transform it to unleash the souls of the wheel's victims for extra arcane attacks. The description reads:

"Weapon wielded by martyr Logarius' band of executioners.
Used to slaughter the Vilebloods in Cainhurst. Bathed in pools of their blood, and forever steeped in their ire.
Transform to release the power of the wheel and manifest their lingering rage in a show of utter brilliance."

The model is on Thingiverse and my mate printed him for me in resin. A very cool model, but not perfect. But since it's free resin one I don't mind :). You can also see the scale difference between Alfred and the pvc Kirkhammer Hunter from the game. He's on a smaller base, because I based him ages ago on the Renedra bases. For Bloodborne I switched to the home made bases to make it all a bit cheaper, hence the difference.
I will probably be using this model instead of the actual Logarius Wheel hunter from the game as I prefer this outfit.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:10:04 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (feb 12: Alfred the Executioner)
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 06:36:53 PM »
And another one done, it's going fast with these! This time it's a huntress wielding Ludwig's Holy Blade:

"A trick weapon typically used by Healing Church hunters. It is said that the silver sword was employed by Ludwig, the first hunter of the church. When transformed, it combines with its sheath to form a greatsword.
It exhibits several departures from the workshop's design, suggesting that the Church anticipated much larger inhuman beasts."

And it's also the 'Uncanny' version. Each weapon has three versions: default, Uncanny, Lost. They differ in the type of gem slots they have. You use these slots to make the weapons more powerful. Very cool they included the Uncanny version, because this version is often better in the video game due to the gems needed. In addition she wields the Repeating Pistol...a double barreled pistol firing two Quicksilver shots at once. And she is wearing Gascoigne's set, a very nice set worn by one of the first bosses.
So all in all a fantastic design by CMON and also a blast to paint.

Now it's time for some more monsters.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 05:11:38 AM »
Yes! Bring on the monsters!

Loving this thread.  I've never heard of this game, but I've been an Xbox gamer.  I've been trying to get a Playstation 5 for a while now, with little success.

You painting is fantastic on this!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 01:10:42 PM »
Cheers Vikey! And Bloodborne is a fantastic game...if you're into the Soulsborne games (Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1/2/3, Bloodborne and Sekiro). I know there are a lot of people who hate the style of the game and the way the story is told. But if you're into it, Bloodborne is pure gold. Awesome setting, story and you can spend hours and hours and hooouuurs playing it. I think I've played it for hundreds of hours by now.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2021, 03:23:56 AM »
Hundreds of hours AND you still manage to put out this quality of painting?

Do you even know how to sleep???   lol
?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
Hundreds of hours AND you still manage to put out this quality of painting?

Do you even know how to sleep???   lol
?

Hehehe, a year long lockdown gives a lot of time for both online gaming and painting ;)

**Edit**

And another one done, this time the Huntsman Minion, one of the scarier enemies you'll  face at the start of the video game. They are really terrible when you're learning the controls...but once you manage the 'parry' mechanic, they are super easy and a great source of blood echoes (the currency for buying stuff and leveling up) and blood vials (healing potions). Parrying basically means shooting the enemy at the right time during their attack. This stops their attack and brings them to their knees. Then you move up and basically ram your fist into their chest, doing a 'visceral attack', inflicting massive damage. With these Huntsman Minions the timing is quite easy to learn, making them easy to counter.

The miniature itself was slightly converted. I removed his beard (looks more like the board game), chipped the brick and bent his arm to his stomach (and glued it in place). This way I don't end up with four clones, but I will have some variety with the models.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:57:48 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (feb 17: huntsman minion)
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »
And the second Huntsman Minion. Now with his right arm lowered, as if he's about to smash your face to pulp. Also went with different colours to get some variation between the models.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (feb 19: 2nd huntsman minion)
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 08:15:16 AM »
And the first of 12 Hunter Mob models done. You receive them as 3 models on one 50mm base, but I am doing them on individual bases so they're easier to use for different games. Not the best sculpts, those faces are quite poor. But still, fun to do!
I will be converting some too, so I don't end up with 4x3 clones. And fortunately the video game offers enough options to get creative with converting :)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (March 2: Hunter Mob)
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:46 AM »
I was a bit ambivalent about the sculpts when I saw the Kickstarter but wow you really brought them to life. Great work!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/