Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bloodborne - The board game (June 15: Hunter Axe & Chikage hunters)  (Read 22323 times)

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Sept. 6: Blood-Starved Beast)
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2021, 12:56:29 PM »
Horrible!

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2021, 02:08:12 PM »
Great stuff  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2021, 08:49:25 AM »
Amazing painting, just browsed all pages and you really get the theme and comors from the game in your painting style  :-*

Hope you enjoy the board game, heard some mixed reviews and Dark Souls seem to be better received. I missed this KS myself. At the very least you will have superbly painted horror miniatures for other games!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 11:08:47 AM by Anatoli »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »
Thanks guys! In general Bloodborne was received a lot better than Dark Souls. It's a much better balanced game, a game takes about an hour, a campaign (=3 games) can be done in a single game and the storyline is very nicely done.
As a total Bloodborne nut (played the game countless times and played hundreds of hours by now and watched hundreds of lore videos and playthroughs lol) I think this is a fantastic translation from video game to board game. And it's one of my favourite games in my collection :). So yeah, if you like the IP I would definitely get the game.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2021, 03:11:32 AM »
That is beautiful, painting well done :-* :-* :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2021, 10:34:48 AM »
Thanks! And the ride continues...this time with chests and lamps. So not the most interesting models, but they are key elements of each game and especially the lamps are special for all hunters. In the video game you travel from the real world to the dream world (or nightmares...) using lamps. Your hunter kneels at the lamp and gets "teleported" to the dream (a hub) and from there you can pick different locations. So finding a lamp is always a nice moment. A safe haven in the gothic and cosmic horror.

Lamps

The lamps! Victorian designed lamps raising from the ground...surrounded by small "messengers" (bizarre creatures that originate from the dream in the game). The lamps in the video game are quite odd. They have yellow light when seen up close. But as you move away the light starts to turn blueish/purple, almost like a ghostly aura around the lamps. The Messengers though will be lit with a ghostly pale yellow OSL. So very eerie and weird. But I couldn't see this work on the model, so I kept it to a warm light. A bit too warm for the BB look, but I feel it works this way.

Chests

These took me a lot longer than I thought, because of how they are designed. Small areas with wood and metal means I had to be careful to keep the colours neat and in the right places. I doubted on using different colours for the chests and cloth and in the end decided to keep them all in the colours of the game (for any BB fans saying the ones in the Isz Chalice dungeon look different, I know but I felt they would be out of place in other areas ;)).

Next up will be two more Church Giants, including a converted one :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:15:08 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Sept. 15: Chests & Lamps)
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2021, 07:04:08 PM »
And another update, good mojo this week!
This time the third Church Giant...but now with a ball & chain. In the video game this enemy is very dangerous! He has a huge reach, has some crazy attacks and does insane damage. So yeah, he had to be added. So I cut off the stock arms and axe and replaced them with arms from an old Mage Knight model. I then resculpted the cloth around the arms so they would hang correctly around the arms. The ball was fully sculpted with Mag Sculpt in two stages and then I used a sharp tool to cut out the design and some decorations. A Stormcast hammer was cut in pieces for the connector and finally I used some fine jeweller's chain to connect it all together. It went just about how I wanted it, so that is always nice.

And also a group shot of all the finished Church Giants together:

Next up will be the last of the Church Giants!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Sept. 17: Church Giant with Ball & Chain)
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »
And Church Giant number 4 done, finishing the mob. This time another stock model, nothing fancy. But still fun to paint!

And the four Church Giants together...a scary sight for Hunters!

After doing all that white cloth I am doing some regular Hunter Mobs again!

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Sept. 21: Last Church Giant done!)
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2021, 04:03:47 PM »
Love these  8)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2021, 04:37:57 PM »
brilliantly done.

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2021, 07:31:40 AM »
Six years after all the cool kids, I am finally playing Bloodborne (the video game) myself. I am loving it, but I am also pretty rubbish at it. I am sure this thread had something to do with me finally giving it a try.

Those Church Giants give me the creeps. Wouldn't want to face all four at once. Remind me a bit of those big guys from the movie 'Prometheus.'

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2021, 07:38:39 AM »
Six years after all the cool kids, I am finally playing Bloodborne (the video game) myself. I am loving it, but I am also pretty rubbish at it. I am sure this thread had something to do with me finally giving it a try.

Those Church Giants give me the creeps. Wouldn't want to face all four at once. Remind me a bit of those big guys from the movie 'Prometheus.'

Hehe, the cool kids are still playing the game Plynkes! At least, I am ;). But it is a tough game to get into if you're not used to the Soulsborne games. But once the mechanics click and you get past Father Gascoigne (that one's hard for a lot of new players) the game becomes easier and more enjoyable to play. And for me, after hundreds of hours I am still deep into it. Currently playing with a Pyramid Head cosplay to get him to max level (level 544) and grinding in the Chalice Dungeons for better gems.
And yeah, the Church Giants are insane when you first meet them. So much damage, so much reach!

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2021, 08:20:47 AM »
I killed Father Gascoigne on my third try. On the first two attempts I was backed up to a wall and the camera got stuck in the scenery, meaning I couldn't see anything, resulting in my death. I was rather annoyed, as I didn't really consider that he had killed me, more that the game's wonkiness had.  :) The next time I made sure I kept away from the walls and it was a relatively straightforward kill.

If you ever have to paint any more lamps or other structures with Messengers hanging about, it might be fun to do a little converting and give them top hats, or some of the other tat you can collect for them to wear.  :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2021, 09:23:27 AM »
Hey, if you defeat Gascoigne in 3 attempts and the first 2 were death by camera, then you're not pretty rubbish :). Sounds like you have the controls down well! Enjoy the rest man...once you get past Byrgenwerth the game takes such a cool turn.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2021, 10:27:40 AM »
Stunning brushwork!  Lovely bases too.

Dan
P.S. These embossed sheets might work for making paved “Roman” roads:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=134451.0