Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690523
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures modern British GPMG SF with armourer and wounded warrior  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Empress Miniatures GPMG SF kit with REME armourer. What better to represent your jammed MMGs, a bloke mending one lol

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Warrior Spirit

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Some more great figures.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Some more great figures.  :D
Thank you very much :)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
Lovely modelling, but as REME, you need to model him with a selection of hammers (of ascending size for problems of increasing complexity)...  ;)
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Lovely modelling, but as REME, you need to model him with a selection of hammers (of ascending size for problems of increasing complexity)...  ;)
Quite, but I don't remember RAF armourers having much more finesse "A I'm an armourer, B I'm an armourer" lol he does have one hammer in his tool bag, just hasn't seen a small enough problem yet. Thanks for the compliment :)

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
US reader here. Is "REME" anything like "REMF" (US military acronym, quite unofficial) lol
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
US reader here. Is "REME" anything like "REMF" (US military acronym, quite unofficial) lol
No mate, I know what a REMF is, we were banned from calling them it in Gulf war one, so we started calling them PONTIs instead (People Of No Tactical Importance) lol REME is Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, they mend stuff as opposed to the Royal Engineers who build or blow stuff up.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
Quite, but I don't remember RAF armourers having much more finesse "A I'm an armourer, B I'm an armourer" lol he does have one hammer in his tool bag, just hasn't seen a small enough problem yet. Thanks for the compliment :)
To my eternal shame, I am friends with at least six RAF Armourers.  I don't know where I went wrong, but the 'A, I'm an Armourer' song never gets old...   lol

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
By the way, your treatment of MTP is superb!  I can paint DPM like a demon, but I still wear my MTP for gardening and often stare at it, wondering "How in God's name would I paint that...?"  It's like non-Euclydian geometry in colour form!  :o

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
Re: Empress Miniatures modern British GPMG SF with armourer and wounded warrior
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 07:43:37 AM »
By the way, your treatment of MTP is superb!  I can paint DPM like a demon, but I still wear my MTP for gardening and often stare at it, wondering "How in God's name would I paint that...?"  It's like non-Euclydian geometry in colour form!  :o
I had to Google that lol initially I put a sample of all my greens, browns and khakis on a piece of foamboard and just laid it on a smock, matching the predominant colours. That was close, but I've slowly changed them. The problem with MTP is that you can look it one way and it's predominantly green, look again and it's predominantly brown. But as you know, there's that much variation with washing, age etc. The secret is to get the brown/cream lines and dots right, they're the identifying feature of MTP.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »
Very nice painting.

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist

Offline Stu

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 09:46:41 PM »
As an ex RNZEME Armourer I feel that I must point out that sometimes you need a big hammer to hit the gun crew with, once you get past the 'How did you do that/could you be so stupid' moment.

Offline Rick F

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2021, 09:56:59 PM »
As an ex RNZEME Armourer I feel that I must point out that sometimes you need a big hammer to hit the gun crew with, once you get past the 'How did you do that/could you be so stupid' moment.
lol