Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689542
  • Total Topics: 118285
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Our Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten Campaign  (Read 3279 times)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
Our Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten Campaign
« on: February 06, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
Today we got in the first game of our Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten campaign. It saw my Dunwich Good Ol' Boys vs the Vlad Von Klitschko clan.

Despite having one of my Kindred removed, who luckily made a full recovery, my Horror was in a position to completely remove the Vampire Magus, Thrall and Maniac by eating them meaning they wouldn't be coming back at all.
A disastrous start (end) for the vampires but a great start to the Dunwich folk and a stern warning to the next challengers.

No favour gained and little resources to grab in the post game, but a full recovery for my wounded Kindred isn't to shabby!

Vlad and his clan.

The Dunwich Folk and their outta town Cult Leader

The scenario was Fight to the Death, so the board is set up and the two cults take their place.

First blood is to the Dunwich boys as the Patriarch who shotguns the Vampire, while one of the Kindred goes Face Up being too close to the Horror, Cousin Merle!

A little bit of moving and tussling back and forth ends in a big brawl in the middle of the board.

During this time, one of the Kindred sneaks up on the Vampire's cultist and cleavers him out of the game.

Only to end up getting over confident and charging the Vampire, who easily takes him out of the game.

The Vampire turns his attention to Cousin Merle who is able to knock the Vampire Face Down, then in the following turn uses his special ability to eat the Vampire, outright killing it.

And then does much the same to the Maniac!

The remaining Thrall puts up a good fight against the Kindred left on the board, but is eventually jumped by the Patriarch and finally swallowed whole by Cousin Merle.

With a dead Magus, Maniac and Thrall, it was decided that the Vampire Cabal would retire quietly into the night.

Just double checking with those who have played the game, that we are playing the Swallowed Whole rule for the Horror right, and if it's in base contact with a Face Down model, it can use an action to completely kill them?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:36:11 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Re: Our Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »
Fantastic  :-* :-* :-*, looks like great fun.  Can I ask what range(s) the miniatures are from?

All the best and stay safe
GDonk

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:53:35 PM »
Fantastic  :-* :-* :-*, looks like great fun.  Can I ask what range(s) the miniatures are from?

All the best and stay safe
GDonk

Thanks GDonk. They're all official Strange Aeons/ VUK minis from Uncle Mike's Worldwide.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 07:56:01 PM »
Nice looking game.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 01:38:01 PM »
I totally missed this report.

A fun report, but it did seem one-sided. Is Kulten unbalanced? The Vampires seemed totally out matched.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:30:25 AM »
I totally missed this report.

A fun report, but it did seem one-sided. Is Kulten unbalanced? The Vampires seemed totally out matched.

I don't think Kulten is unbalanced as a whole but there are some brutal models. The Horror's one shot ability is horrific, but it is a big point sink.