Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690626
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Generic Superhero Minis?  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Generic Superhero Minis?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2023, 02:43:36 PM »
Hi folks.

I can't help but notice that nearly all superhero minis are either Marvel or DC. This isn't necessarily a bad thing since both franchises have great options...but what if you want something else? I haven't found a lot, but it might be helpful to share. If you guys know of any others, feel free to link them.

Oh, and feel free to move this thread if I've popped it in the wrong place.

• https://www.reapermini.com/search/superhero Reaper has a wide selection of...pretty much everything, really. Unsurprisingly, they have a decent amount of minis that could be used in a superhero game, ranging from hard-boiled detectives to cyber-apes and several things in between.

Some of my alternative Superheroes - Green Thumb, Bald Head, King Tiger and Pantera...

Reaper:

Hasslefree:

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 12:34:27 AM »
Heroclix are still cheap on ebay. I have created a tooooon of my own supers with a repaint and a little greenstuff.
You are nit allowed to make such comments and then not post pics.
It's against the law. ;-)

Grimm

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2024, 04:35:01 PM »
Well Grimmnar, I didn't want to hack someone else's thread, but in the interest of showing how much you can do with Herroclix..
The All-Southern Squadron was made with simple repaints to turn Wonder Woman into Whistling Dixie, and (can't remeber hos name) into Johnny Reb, The Gray Ghost is just a Dracula's America undead rebel and Texas Twister is made from parts of Red Tornado and Vigilante miniature.
Thing got a repaint to become Mag-Man. Toad got a clown costume repaint to be the Prankster and a bit of green stuff made Juggernaut into Triceratops.
Next, a little greenstuff made a Shield armor trooper into Snapper wearing his Combat Ready Armored Battlesuit) and a glob or said greenstuff made Doc Oc into MANtis
Finally, I took a Dixon samurai body and used the bottom and arms from Hydro Man to make the golden age supervillain Tsunami and another member of his team Oni, is just a repaint of Abomination.
I have hundreds of repaints to make my own heroes and villains using mostly Heroclix.

Offline mrinku

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2024, 03:52:44 AM »
One thing that puzzles me is the apparent lack of generic superhero figures in the digital ranges.
I can kitbash from various fantasy or science fiction ones, but surely someone could make a go of a few spandex athletes with cape and cowl options?

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2024, 06:07:37 AM »
Sentinels of the Universe: Flame of Freedom was cheap for a long time, but prices are going up as the supply decreases.

Hero Forge lets you make your own superheroes.

I'd still just kitbash from HeroClix. In fact, many toy action figures re-used the same body for different heroes!  lol
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/