Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spacehulk  (Read 9791 times)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
Re: Spacehulk
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »
You're right.  Never considered the fact that it's Terminator armour rather than regular Marine armour.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 11:41:14 PM »
Bako - never noticed the missing arm! Didn't some of the Hybrids have only three arms? Shouldn't show up on a Purestrain, though, I would think.

No no this is a pure strain (obviously), you'll have to look at yours. There is a pose which you can clearly see the shoulder and a little bit more of the one arm, but the rest isn't there at all. It doesn't matter too much to me, I have spare arms kicking about my bits boxes that I could use. They are nice miniatures, but I would prefer some normal posed 'stealers for playing with, the more interesting ones will probably be given a base make-over for my normal 'nids to play with.

Not too fond of the Blood Angels myself, or space marines in general, but I'm sure these'll be nice for some painting practice or something. The dead termy is by far my favorite space marine model to date, well besides the metal space marine casualties.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 01:08:01 AM »
Got plenty of extra arms, myself.  Any idea how these sculpts compare with the latest version of Genestealers, appearance-wise? I've only got Space Hulk versions with which to compare.

As an aside, I'm glad they went back to the original blue/purple colour scheme.  I detest the new 'nid colours they're using nowadays, especially that pink/white abomination on the 'stealers.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 05:12:29 AM »
Never really played many games but could someone play this game without having any knowledge off the GW world, as a stand alone type game?  Thanks
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »
Space Hulk is a stand alone game, though with some work you could make it part of the main 40k game it is designed to be a seperate game.

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
Space Hulk is a stand alone game, though with some work you could make it part of the main 40k game it is designed to be a seperate game.

Yes. Indeed, there was an article on the GW page how to play games in Space Hulks, using the 40k rules (can't remember how this was called, but I think it was with the 4th edition, where they brought rules for battles involving only elite squads or characters). And you can also check upon the "Anphelion Project" for similar scenarios.
per aspera ad astra

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
Got plenty of extra arms, myself.  Any idea how these sculpts compare with the latest version of Genestealers, appearance-wise? I've only got Space Hulk versions with which to compare.
As I see it, the design of the Genestealers only changed with the release of the "Battle for Macragge" set and the appropriate codex. Compared to the new design, the Space Hulk 1st and 2nd ed. Genestealer arms look rather crude. The size seems to fit, though, so you might give it a try. I can do some comparison shots, if you like...

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 07:36:18 PM »
Yes. Indeed, there was an article on the GW page how to play games in Space Hulks, using the 40k rules (can't remember how this was called, but I think it was with the 4th edition, where they brought rules for battles involving only elite squads or characters). And you can also check upon the "Anphelion Project" for similar scenarios.

Combat patrol?

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »
Yes, this seems likely. In german, it was called Einsatzkommandos, so it fits

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »
I cant seem to find the artical about useing 4th ed rules in space hulk, would you happen to have a link?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 08:57:01 PM »
I'd happily provide a link, but I'm afraid it's no longer available. It seems that it has been removed when GW redesigned their website.

Edit: I found a link, but it's to the old german site. I've been unable to locate the English site so far
http://web.archive.org/web/20061027141546/www.games-workshop.de/warhammer40000/innomine/rules/spacehulk/index.shtm
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:08:14 PM by Hauptgefreiter »

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »

They sit nicely beside the current design for genestealers, though with some more dynamic poses. And different-ish tongues and some have some extra 'spiny' bits protruding from them.

Edit: I found a link, but it's to the old german site. I've been unable to locate the English site so far
http://web.archive.org/web/20061027141546/www.games-workshop.de/warhammer40000/innomine/rules/spacehulk/index.shtm

I really dislike how GW dropped a lot of their older articles when they revamped their website. Some of those were excellent. Thanks for the link, I didn't know they kept this stuff archived.

Interesting, that site won't let me navigate with the translator active, but will if it's not. Not that I really need it anyhoo, generally I can read it better than the translations.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:16:54 PM by Bako Ikaporamee »

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
Glory to the Omnissiah!
Here's the link to the English version
http://web.archive.org/web/20060616152122/http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/space-hulk/1/
Knowledge is power, guard it well!  ;)

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »
If you'd like to have a go against 'stealers with other than Space Marines, search for the Space Hulk Bible.  It contains extra stats for using Imperial Guard or Eldar forces to fight the beasts, with a brief look at bringing on some 'nids to back them up.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »
Glory to the Omnissiah!
Here's the link to the English version
http://web.archive.org/web/20060616152122/http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/space-hulk/1/
Knowledge is power, guard it well!  ;)

Oh thank you! Funny how the website requests I download the latest version of FireFox when I do, but I can only imagine how old this 'latest version' they speak of is.

Yes the Space Hulk Bible is nice. I've not looked at it in a while though.