Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689635
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (completed)  (Read 11209 times)

Offline TacticalPainter

• Mad Scientist
    • The Tactical Painter
Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (updated 30 05 21)
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2021, 03:46:59 AM »
Great campaign report :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Looking forward to your next one, eary war?

Yep, it’s looking that way. We like the look of the Many Rivers to Cross campaign. Dave has an early war German platoon and he’s busy finishing off some Dutch. The fact I took delivery today of a model kit of a windmill would suggest our next destination is Holland 1940. That said, as we always do, we will take a short break from CoC and play a few other rules and periods. We want to try O Group, play more Sharp Practice in the AWI and try the same period using Muskets & Tomahawks to see how it compares.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »
An interest campaign to be sure.
Told with excellent writing and photos.
I will not rehash what others have said, I pretty much agree.
Would be interesting to have the Germans be on the defense and US attack.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline TacticalPainter

• Mad Scientist
    • The Tactical Painter
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2021, 04:49:28 AM »
After a bit of deliberation we've decided to call an American victory on the campaign and call it a day. We've played ten games across eight campaign turns, making this the longest campaign we have played to date, so I think we've given it a fair shot. Having won the previous scenario the Americans are in good enough shape to mount a counterattack against the rather meagre German force that has fallen back to Map 2. There's a decent chance they could recapture it which would make any hope of a German campaign victory (or even a draw) very unlikely. As Dave said, our gaming time is precious and perhaps it's time to move on given the writing is on the wall.

It's an intriguing campaign with much that we liked and would like to see in future campaigns, like the off map movement. The appeal of a campaign is in the broader story that is told and about the decisions you make for the future that impact the game currently in play. The extra layer in this PSC added to that experience. After all the discussion I would really like to have a crack at fighting this as the Germans at some time in the future, but with so many other campaigns to choose I'm not certain that's something that will happen any time soon.

So, what's next? We'll take a break and play a few other things. I want to try O Group and a bit more of I Ain't Been Shot Mum. We have some Sharp Practice we want to play and we will do a bit of a compare/contrast by playing the same period with Muskets & Tomahawks. We will return to CoC with the Many Rivers to Cross PSC from the 2018 Lard Magazine. Dave has painted up a Dutch platoon to complement his early war German platoon, so we will look to run this in Holland 1940. With that in mind, I have just bought this which I need to build:

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: CoC Bloody Bucket campaign (completed)
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2021, 11:51:51 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I think you have
made the right decision, & I look forward to seeing
the Germans going 'FLAT' out in Holland.
I always fancied one of those swing up bridges (several
MDF versions are out there), as it is so Dutch, but I never
got around to fighting in Holland.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2021, 07:44:00 PM »
It has been a very interesting read Thanks
Looking forward to 1940 game I find it a totally different game with very few decent AT weapons but loads of tanks, well in most of our games
Keep up the good work

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2021, 01:31:18 AM »
It has been a very interesting read Thanks
Looking forward to 1940 game I find it a totally different game with very few decent AT weapons but loads of tanks, well in most of our games
Keep up the good work

It does make it very different. In our French vs German game, the Panhard armoured car was effectively invulnerable once the German armour had been disabled, and the Germans were forced to retire.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---