Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Norman Cavalry Renders  (Read 11093 times)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Victrix Norman Cavalry Renders
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2021, 05:23:47 PM »
Want ... these ...
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2021, 07:25:16 PM »

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2021, 11:16:49 AM »
First I could not tell if these wear scale or mail, but apparently it is scale. With a different helm these will be great to boost my Rohirrim with!

That's great news that they are brining out Normans in scale armour - I could utilise these for Baltic Crusader shenanigans  ;)
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »
Final preview up.

Blurb from the post:

NORMAN CAVALRY AND INFANTRY

Lock up your pigs and daughters as the Normans are coming!

We have just finished sculpting the last of the Norman cavalry figures and they are due to go to the layup stage in a few days and then off to tooling in a month to six weeks.

This last figure shows off a few more of the Italo Norman and Andalusian head variants plus some more shield variants with a convex round shield and two flat topped kite shields. We also made some Andalusian style swords, sword scabbards and daggers. So this will make this an extremely versatile set of miniatures. You can make Normans, Italo Normans, Early Crusades, Spanish, Andalusian and other European nations heavy cavalry. And as some people have mentioned these would make some great cavalry for fantasy games as well.

More great news is that the toolroom has finished cutting the tools for the NORMAN INFANTRY a lot quicker than expected We are hoping for Norman infantry test frames in around 2 weeks and once signed off release should not be too far off.

Really liking the amount of head options available with these.

Steve

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2021, 05:12:02 PM »
Great to hear that the Norman Infantry are not too far behind the release of the Cav. 8)

Offline SpaceCudet

• Assistant
    • MappingBoard
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2021, 09:06:30 AM »
Great to hear that the Norman Infantry are not too far behind the release of the Cav. 8)
Aren't the infantry due first?
We have just finished sculpting the last of the Norman cavalry figures and they are due to go to the layup stage in a few days and then off to tooling in a month to six weeks.
More great news is that the toolroom has finished cutting the tools for the NORMAN INFANTRY a lot quicker than expected We are hoping for Norman infantry test frames in around 2 weeks and once signed off release should not be too far off.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2021, 12:38:26 PM »
Aren't the infantry due first?

Good point, I missed that. either way, I'm happy :)

Offline Dolnikan

• Librarian
    • Dolnikan Games
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2021, 11:29:57 AM »
Ooh! I like these. A true must-have for my slightly generic medieval collection.

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2021, 02:26:24 PM »
With the Italo-Norman, Andalusian and First Crusade options, we can hope that some Saracens are also on the TDL at some point.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2021, 08:36:39 AM »
With the Italo-Norman, Andalusian and First Crusade options, we can hope that some Saracens are also on the TDL at some point.

I do hope so.  :)

There is a fun article in the April issue of War-games Illustrated called 'There can be only one...' which looks at the most flexible armies for different periods. First place went to the Arab Conquest army and it detailed just how large an era it could be used for with just a few changes.

After reading that and the 'The First Templar' article in the same issue the first thing I thought was that I hope Victrix produce some suitable figures!

Steve