Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Setting Jhamjarhistan Ablaze!  (Read 30318 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Setting Jhamjarhistan Ablaze!
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2021, 07:31:20 AM »
I should have guessed that you would know that story!   lol

Ayo Gorkhali! The Gurkhas are upon you!

5th Royal Gurkha Rifles, Frontier Force

शौर्य एवं निष्ठा

Shaurya Evam Nistha

Courage and Determination

Another splendid reinforcement to the burgeoning forces even now massing under the Earl for a purpose which, in all honesty, I’ve forgotten the nature of. No matter, it’s all fantastic and riveting and keeping me sane at a rather stressful time.

Incidentally, is there any truth in the rumour that the fragrant Miss Joanna Lumley, noted thespian and charming adornment to many a favoured drawing-room, is even now on her way out to give comfort and guidance to her beloved Gurkhas...?

D’Emfore
aka etc

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2021, 12:44:11 PM »
Incidentally, is there any truth in the rumour that the fragrant Miss Joanna Lumley, noted thespian and charming adornment to many a favoured drawing-room, is even now on her way out to give comfort and guidance to her beloved Gurkhas...?

Dear Mr. Trotsky, or may I call you Leon? I am happy to inform you that the lovely Joanna is in transit as we speak on her way to Peshawar to support her beloved Gurkhas as they set off on a daring mission to rescue Chippy Minton.

Gurkha veterans Lachhiman Gurung VC and Tulbahadur Pun VC with Joanna Lumley

In other news, many thanks to Empress Miniatures for once again, delivering excellent and very speedy customer service. Needing some snipers for my Basmachi forces, I made an order on their website just after 14:00 on Monday and they dispatched it by 14:30! Arrived today, safe and sound, many thanks.

A Komissar for Trotsky's armoured train guard, the Red Sotnia.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:49:34 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2021, 09:36:10 AM »
The first of the Basmachi snipers. These will hopefully cause some problems for the other players.

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2021, 11:34:17 AM »
The first of the Basmachi snipers. These will hopefully cause some problems for the other players.

Looks more like "Are you sure this is the way?" to me!
Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »
Looks more like "Are you sure this is the way?" to me!

Mike, I think you've hit the nail on the head there!   lol   lol   lol

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2021, 02:05:47 PM »
Looks like a poster for Ishtar.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2021, 09:06:12 AM »
Cheers, madman.

The Krasnyy Sotnya (Red Hundred), Trotsky’s personal armoured train guard are coming along. 9 painted and 6 more riflemen to be done. This will be a 15 person unit.

Ivanka Kozyrnyy, the famous Russian explorer will be the guide. Ivanka has spent many years exploring Jhamjarhistan and its surroundings, secretly on behalf of the Cheka. She is a close personal friend of Felix Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky, or ‘Iron Felix’ as she refers to him. She was part of the original party which discovered Scythian artefacts and remains at the dig site outside Djelibad.

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2021, 09:13:02 AM »
Nice. Ivanka sounds a bit of a handful!

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2021, 11:22:17 AM »
I like the painting for the leather look.  The bloody red spear point of the revolution.  The workers of Jhamjar can rejoice in their imminent freedom. ;)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »
Ivanka sounds a bit of a handful!

I think you are right on that one, Mike!   ;)

I like the painting for the leather look.

Thanks, trev. I am pleased with the way the red came out.

The bloody red spear point of the revolution.  The workers of Jhamjar can rejoice in their imminent freedom.

Indeed, comrade! Peace, land and bread to the Jhamjarhistanis!

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »
Completed some diggers for Lord Creosote's archaeological dig, just outside Djelibad. Is it possible that the Golden Jhamjarh of Sticky Gods may be found here? We must wait and see...

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
Completed some diggers for Lord Creosote's archaeological dig, just outside Djelibad. Is it possible that the Golden Jhamjarh of Sticky Gods may be found here? We must wait and see...

They’re a likely looking crew - I wouldn’t bet against them.

I must say, I’m surprised you had time to post today what with your exciting prize-winning achievements to celebrate and all.....

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
I must say, I’m surprised you had time to post today what with your exciting prize-winning achievements to celebrate and all.....

It has been an exciting day here at Snapcase Hall. Much-Piddling village is in on the news and the villagers are agog with excitement!

I have dispatched Old Scrotum (the ancient and wrinkled Snapcase family retainer) down to the wine cellar to bring up the Dom Pérignon for a little celebration later on. Mrs. Bridges the cook, is preparing a celebratory dinner of Strasburg Pie, roast beef, a pair of fowls, chops, a glazed tongue, a soused hog's face and salamagundy. Then for dessert we shall have sillabub, flummery, Spotted Dog and a Drowned Baby followed by ratafia biscuits and coffee. All of course accompanied by sherry, claret, port, and Madeira.

"A glass of wine with you, sir!"

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2021, 03:34:58 PM »
It has been an exciting day here at Snapcase Hall. Much-Piddling village is in on the news and the villagers are agog with excitement!

I have dispatched Old Scrotum (the ancient and wrinkled Snapcase family retainer) down to the wine cellar to bring up the Dom Pérignon for a little celebration later on. Mrs. Bridges the cook, is preparing a celebratory dinner of Strasburg Pie, roast beef, a pair of fowls, chops, a glazed tongue, a soused hog's face and salamagundy. Then for dessert we shall have sillabub, flummery, Spotted Dog and a Drowned Baby followed by ratafia biscuits and coffee. All of course accompanied by sherry, claret, port, and Madeira.

"A glass of wine with you, sir!"

Thank you but - no Floating Island....!!! Are you on a diet.....?

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2021, 10:01:38 AM »
Are you on a diet.....?

The old seafood diet, see food and eat it! I will now leave the stage!

Part of this project has been to paint figures I already owned. I bought quite a few 'Home Front' figures in Annie's kickstarter (Bad Squidoo) and wanted to include them in this project. It's a rather tenuous link but that's just me!

So, we have already learnt the following from a previous post:

“That’s it in a nutshell, Tuffers”, replied Agnew, “and the thing is, engines are tricky blighters on the best of days. We need a performing troop of your oily-rag mechanics led by your good self to see us in clover, as it were”. “Ah, I see old horse, you may be in luck there, it just so happens that I have some drivers and mechanical types on loan from the crabs, just arrived off the old banana boat and raring to go, just need some more of the old throat oil to seal the deal, as it were”, offered Tufnell. “Take them with you and everything in the garden will be oojah-cum-spiff”.

Well, the Engineers Captain wasn’t wrong. He did indeed have some highly qualified bods in mind. The bods in question had arrived in Peshawar, somewhat bemused after their long journey. They were all members of the Women’s Royal Air Force and had not been expecting to be posted abroad, let alone to the dangerous environs of the North West Frontier. Upon their arrival, Tuffers had telegraphed back to blighty to see what the devil was going on. It transpired that some loathsome oik in the clerk’s office had made a typing error after a night on the tiles. The WRAF types were required at RAF Peshawar, an aerodrome in the vicinity of Walthamstow. The dozy oik had typed in Peshawar as the destination and here they were in British India. Tuffers had no idea what to do with them until Aggers had turned up out of the blue, looking for oily rags. Serendipity or what, he had thought.

Inset: Leading Aircraftwoman Honeysuckle Weeks and Aircraftwoman Perdita Weeks.
Main photo L to R: Aircraftwoman Gina Bellman, Leading Aircraftwoman Suranne Jones, Corporal Joanna Lumley, Squadron Leader Philomena Cunk, Aircraftwoman Liza Goddard, Aircraftwoman Liz Fraser and Leading Aircraftwoman Lynda Bellingham.

An unexpected arrival in Peshawar!