Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Commercial - New Spanish Civil War Rules  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
Commercial - New Spanish Civil War Rules
« on: March 06, 2021, 11:00:27 AM »

Just published my latest set of rules "For Whom The Dice Rolls". These cover Brigade/Divisional actions in the Spanish Civil War. There's a description of what you need and how they work here: https://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/p/for-whom-dice-rolls-description.html. You can get them at Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whom-Dice-Rolls-Tabletop-Wargames/dp/B08X63FHT3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=For+Whom+The+Dice+Rolls&qid=1615027981&sr=8-1 or as a pdf from Wargame Vault: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/347931/For-Whom-The-Dice-Rolls. Price is £14.99 for 100 page colour rule book,  and there's a free down load with a couple of scenarios also available. The "Wargaming for Grown Ups" blog has quite a few AARs of games played as the rules were being developed https://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/2021/02/guadalajara-revisted-revisted.html.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 06:32:24 PM by Driscoles »

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Re: Commercial - New Spanish Civil War Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:26 PM »
Trebian, I purchased them last week and must say they look very interesting.  The bibliography has already proved useful and I am already planning to expand my 15mm collection with some judicious purchases from Peter Pig and Minairons.

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:42 PM »
Trebian, I purchased them last week and must say they look very interesting.  The bibliography has already proved useful and I am already planning to expand my 15mm collection with some judicious purchases from Peter Pig and Minairons.

That's encouraging, and good to know. I'll take "interesting" as a comment!

BTW Always happy to post pictures of other people's games and figures on my blog and answer questions. You can contact me via the email address in the back of the rules.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:21:03 PM »
Trebian, I have a small test game planned for next weekend so I will try to remember to drop you a line afterwards. My hope is to get my small group of gaming mates to each adopt and paint a "faction". We did this for Wars of the Roses and it proved quit successful.   

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »
Trebian, I have a small test game planned for next weekend so I will try to remember to drop you a line afterwards. My hope is to get my small group of gaming mates to each adopt and paint a "faction". We did this for Wars of the Roses and it proved quit successful.   

That sounds great. Beware of overdoing too many factions in each army, or your Army Effectiveness will plummet! I think the brigades with the integral weapons and support arms are interesting forces to model. A bit of everything. The Basques have nice berets and some odd looking AFVs. And a cool looking flag.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 09:10:19 PM »
Sooo, it can be used using FoW basing?

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 10:11:17 PM »
Sooo, it can be used using FoW basing?

I'd say so. And Peter Pig/BAIT basing. This may not be a coincidence.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 02:47:25 PM »
I'd say so. And Peter Pig/BAIT basing. This may not be a coincidence.

And it works via activations ala Blitzkrieg commader/epic armaggedon?

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 02:58:00 PM »
And it works via activations ala Blitzkrieg commader/epic armaggedon?

Not exactly. There's a description of how it works here: https://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/p/for-whom-dice-rolls-description.html

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 04:23:55 PM »
Not exactly. There's a description of how it works here: https://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/p/for-whom-dice-rolls-description.html

I have read it but don't quite understand it: does it mean that during your turn you activate all your units and then the other player does the same?

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »
I have read it but don't quite understand it: does it mean that during your turn you activate all your units and then the other player does the same?

I'll need to revise it then! In your turn you get to activate a number of your units, based upon the command cards you have. Each unit can do up to 3 actions in a turn. You can use up to 6 activations at a time for any units you have - subject to restrictions -  depending upon how good your army is. The turn then passes to your opponent who does the same, before the turn passes back  to you. The turn passes back and forth until one side or the other runs out of cards. Then  re-deal the cards and start again.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 09:00:51 AM »
Then it isn't a IGOUGO in the traditional sense, isn't it?  :)

I have a pair of huge, FoW based 15mm armies (nationalist army and republican militia) which are waiting for a ruleset. I built both for Spain in Flames but i didn't really like the rules (the full IGOUGO stuff makes me feel i'm playing WH40k in 1936!). If the rules cover more or less forces of the same size as in FoW you can count me in for sure.

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 09:05:22 AM »
Then it isn't a IGOUGO in the traditional sense, isn't it?  :)

No. That's why I turned the phrase "integrated IGOUGO", as you can't interfere (normally) when an opponent is activating, and play alternates between the players. Hope you enjoy them. My email is in the book if you have any questions.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 10:34:52 AM »
Are the additional rules integrated in the paperback? and when will it be available again (be it via amazon, lulu or whatever)

Offline Trebian

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 11:14:49 AM »
Are the additional rules integrated in the paperback? and when will it be available again (be it via amazon, lulu or whatever)

There are no additional rules. It's all in the same volume, which you can get from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08X63FHT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's a Resources pack to download with odd bits and pieces such as scenarios and game markers in them, which is on the blog. That's free. I kept them out of the book to keep the page count and price down. They're helpful but not essential.