Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690600
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 851
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Just bought some Raumsjager Infantry and Daemonscape stuff.  (Read 2036 times)

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
Just bought some Raumsjager Infantry and Daemonscape stuff.
« on: March 11, 2021, 04:33:59 AM »
I guess this is some kind of mechanized future space nazi thing ?

I dunno. I hope it all goes together when it arrives.

I ordered 2 boxes of Wargames Atlantic Raumsjager for a platoon and a couple of extras.

I ordered some low profile hovercraft tank destroyers. Maybe that will make it a mechanized mixed anti-panzer force if I can find some towed guns eventually. Maybe in old DUST stock?

I ordered four future half tracks (enclosed) to make it panzergrenadier-ish..

I ordered the big Daemonscape tank I guess standing in for a tiger that probably wouldn't be hanging out with panzergrenadiers or an anti armor unit but oh well. Tank, yo.

I figure it might be a month or so getting here?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:52:18 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
Re: Just bought some Raumsjager Infantry and Daemonscape stuff.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 05:09:08 AM »
The idea that is coming to me, sort of, is that of some poor double crossed planet or moon being invaded by both the Russians and the Germans of the future but instead of snow and mud it's a planet covered in dust and scrap. So the snipers are hiding in the salvage piles or down in the subterranean shelters they build in the mines.

I expect the future Russian forces might be Vor Radtroopers maybe with some West Wind Productions Spider tanks. Not sure yet. But bald heads and gas masks with big hoses are a plus.

And I guess the defenders resisting the dual invasion might be Pig Iron Kolony rebels or Khurasan's Scavs and some Copple Stone modern/near future dudes on Skimmers?  Getting way ahead of myself here. As usual. I'd need an irregular militia type group and a more formal military group "advising and assisting" them as they call in contact and target coordinates. 

I wish I could still get ahold of some Wargames Factory Sci-fi greatcoats. I think I have some in muh hoard along with some old Dreamforge Eisenkern. But I don't want to go a'mining in the heap of tubs.

Yeah, I order some stuff, and it makes me want to find or order more stuff. Sigh.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 05:31:50 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 09:02:47 AM »
You'll find the Raumsjaegar figures huge next to the Daemonscape stuff, but if you're not fussy about such things it shouldn't bother you.
Fun project, looking forward to the wip
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 09:25:47 AM by hubbabubba »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »
My biggest grumble with Daemonscape is that it just didn't want to glue together. I ended up reinforcing the backs of all my wheels with green stuff since the resin seemed to repel super glue. This isn't the only company I've had that issue with, but it was one of the more severe cases. Still, I've purchased three vehicles from them and once the fight to glue them is over, they do look nice.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 10:14:17 PM »
If you aren't stuck with ten-man squads, you could use the "section" option of building platoons... that way, 24 troops make a 4-man command section, four 4-man infantry sections (2 infantry sections make a squad) and a 4-man support section... so your two boxes make two platoons...

... the good thing is that you get plenty of equipment to kit out each section with everything you want :) .

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 11:34:09 PM »
Sounds like an interesting project!

If you are not familiar with the company, Victoria Miniatures makes SciFi greatcoat infantry and some other styles - and has recently released desert infantry.  Also, she sells lots of conversion bits.

URL:
https://victoriaminiatures.com/

-Michael

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 06:01:29 AM »
Most of the stuff has arrived but there is a second box from daemonscape that is not here yet and hopefully it contains the metal gun barrels for the hover-craft tank destroyers, and the front wheels & top turrets for the half tracks.

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 08:19:11 PM »
  I love their vehicles! I bought several before shipping jumped. I'd get more but shipping is a killer now to the USA. I like your project. looks good!

Thanks,

John
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 08:23:13 PM »
The idea that is coming to me, sort of, is that of some poor double crossed planet or moon being invaded by both the Russians and the Germans of the future but instead of snow and mud it's a planet covered in dust and scrap. So the snipers are hiding in the salvage piles or down in the subterranean shelters they build in the mines.

I expect the future Russian forces might be Vor Radtroopers maybe with some West Wind Productions Spider tanks. Not sure yet. But bald heads and gas masks with big hoses are a plus.

And I guess the defenders resisting the dual invasion might be Pig Iron Kolony rebels or Khurasan's Scavs and some Copple Stone modern/near future dudes on Skimmers?  Getting way ahead of myself here. As usual. I'd need an irregular militia type group and a more formal military group "advising and assisting" them as they call in contact and target coordinates. 

I wish I could still get ahold of some Wargames Factory Sci-fi greatcoats. I think I have some in muh hoard along with some old Dreamforge Eisenkern. But I don't want to go a'mining in the heap of tubs.

Yeah, I order some stuff, and it makes me want to find or order more stuff. Sigh.

That reminds me of the old 2000AD Rogue Trooper stories, with the Norts and Southers duking it out in derelict modern cities. And I am very much looking forward to how this will progress, it definitely sounds promising and your imagination and train of thought sound very cool!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 10:47:18 PM »
I wonder how compatible the War-games Atlantic WW1 stuff is with other SF suppliers.

Anvil are worth a look.