Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686436
  • Total Topics: 118099
  • Online Today: 689
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures new PLA packs.  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Empress Miniatures new PLA packs.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 07:25:42 PM »
Empress do separate K-Pots in their Marines range.

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 07:28:56 PM »
Empress do separate K-Pots in their Marines range.

I know mate. My question was: Are the US Army minis wearing K-pots or Mich ... I can't tell from the photos  :?

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2024, 08:26:33 PM »
Unfortunately the only Empress US Army I have painted are Little Grey Men or US Law Enforcement so have Modern Russian helmets (NVG and visors respectively).

The US Army pictures (for example US04) do look different to the KPot ones but I could not be sure.

Offline Ewart

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2024, 11:01:21 PM »
Empress US Army modern are wearing MICH.

Looking at recent pictures of ROK troops, they are moving away from an M-1 looking helmet to a MICH looking helmet.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2024, 03:32:27 AM »
If you want an historical opponent that could conceivably be re-engaged in conflict, think about the Vietnamese.

The modern VPA is switching to the STV-380 which is a Galil derivative/ AKM mashup. The naval infantry have Tavors. That said, there are heaps of AKs still floating around so simple head swaps of PASGT style helmets to any existing NVA range and you would have reasonable proxies once painted in camo paint. The VPA uses both plastic PASGT hard hats and ballistic PASGT copies.

Alternatively there are the ex Dadi i Piombi/Venexia now Jerwood range of modern Italians. The rifles look very similar to the STV once you have cut off the carrying handle (I've used some as Galil clones). These figures have separate heads so even easier to convert. They do come with body armour which is still relatively uncommon with the VPA but they have introduced it and are rolling it out.

Other options might be a mash up of the Rubicon figures with the WLG (ex WF) special forces in the now defunct  Zombie range. IIRC they had a clearance sale on these not long ago. None will be perfect but I suppose that's going to be the same deal with ROKA.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2024, 07:34:21 AM »
The US army figs come with MICHs, but are separate heads. Most of the USMC come with K-pots, but I believe they did make a few teams with out heads so make it easy to concert latter one.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2024, 12:42:04 PM »
Empress US Army modern are wearing MICH.

Looking at recent pictures of ROK troops, they are moving away from an M-1 looking helmet to a MICH looking helmet.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. 

ROK are indeed moving away from M-1...to PASGT (ie K-Pot).... and now for some units, MICH.

Different units (reserves vs elites) will have different generations of helmets, hence the question.