Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Former Citadel Imperial (Chicken) Dragon to make a return...  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Is this a Dragon? Or is this some Malevolent Chicken? (Teaser)

An interesting story to go with it and I hope it won't be limited edition... :-I

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/796502.page#11073162

Currently we are looking at between $175 and $250 for the model.

And I believe that it weighed-in at around 3 to 4 kg (that’s over $100 in just the metal).

There is also some effort to slim-down many of the parts, given that newer Pewter Alloys are more “study” than the older Lead-Alloys.

And there is also a means to produce one in plastic at some point (given I have access to studio-level 3D Software, both for VFX, and for Industrial Prototyping/CAD-CAM Milling or 3D Printing).

And I have some parts that I began in the 1980s when I bought it from Citadel to produce some modifications (Legs in a flying pose. Legs that are a bit more “robust.” Different horn and head options. New wing options. ... etc.).

Currently I am awaiting some records from Customs to jog Brian Ansell’s memory about how I happen to have the Master-Molds for the Dragon (when I bought it, there was a LOT going on with Citadel: Opening in the USA. Negotiations with the company that used to be Heritage that Brian had talked about licensing to produce in England... Buying-out Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone... WH40K, Adeptus Titanicus .... for which I had several of the original Cast-Metal Warlord Titans until my late-wife stole literally everything I owned that wasn’t in another State or locked in a bank that she didn’t have access to, when I was in the hospital after an accident in May of 1999... Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars in Miniatures; the same in Books; and 5x that in artwork and other rare collectibles).

I just didn’t expect the Master Molds to be recovered, or I would have been more careful about the chain-of-custody, rights, and so on... But the Import Manifest from US Customs will tend to clear things up.

Intrigued about the legs in a flying pose: considering the model's about as big as a chicken, how could it be balanced in a flying pose? I don't do model planes, so is there a flying stand big enough to support it?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Former Citadel Imperial (Chicken) Dragon to make a return...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 01:09:45 AM »
Outside of the occasional nostalgic chuckle...I categorically do not understand peoples fascination with old awkward, heavy metal miniatures on a grand scale.  Hard to assemble, hard to paint, hard to keep non-chipped, hard to transport, hard to use in game, etc.  The end result, when painted won't look any different than a plastic, resin, 3D printed kit, etc.

Just baffles me.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!