Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gothic building bits?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Misneach

• Librarian
    • My blog
Gothic building bits?
« on: March 16, 2021, 01:31:22 PM »
With the new release of IHMN second edition I'm planning a walker scratch build. This will be a Gothic chapel on legs, a mobile laboratory for a mad scientist. Does anyone know where I could get the following bits?

A rose window (might be difficult to get as a single part, if anyone has any ideas on making one please let me know!)

A church organ

Gothic roof railing, as seen in the attached photo

Laboratory bits (flasks, wires, a gurney)

Thanks in advance!

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Gothic building bits?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 01:47:45 PM »
Rose window.  Something circular of the desired size, (I used hole drilled into the MDF, but tops from 
                      a suitable container will do) then get an image of a stained glass window (I used a
                      section of a Christmas card, but loads on internet) Cut image to size of hole & stick
                      it in.
Church Organ.  Look at Church interior bits that various MDF & Resin manufacturers do.
Gothic Railings. Look at 'O' gauge model railways. I used some from a Great Western canopy kit.
Lab. bits.    .  There is a company (others might be able to provide links) that does Mad Professor's
                     Lab. with lots of useful bits. I tend to put interesting bits to one side, & used parts
                     from some old pens, the bits that clip onto shirt pockets, as they were chrome &
                     ended in a small ball. Upside down (& added to some other interesting bits) they
                     made excellent Mad Scientist globes of electricity.
Hope this gets you started. I look forward to seeing your results.

Online Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 02:03:25 PM »
TT Combat do this tower with acrylic rose windows, I'm guessing about 6cm diameter.

I've seen a photo where the builder had painted the windows in really vibrant but translucent colours; it looked really good.

https://ttcombat.com/collections/fantasy-realms/products/bell-tower

Offline Misneach

• Librarian
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 06:59:13 PM »
Thank you both for your suggestions! They're very helpful. I hope to post the model once it's built

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »
Miniature scenery does a pipe organ.  You would have to build a hell of a building for it.

https://miniaturescenery.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=243
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com