Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690843
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] 'Orrible Little Things 6 gruesome but lovable little characters  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Alan maguire

• Mad Scientist
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orriblelittlethings/orrible-little-things-0?ref=profile_created

PHOTOS BELOW....

Story

These little fellows have been called many names but the name that continuously raises it’s head is ‘orrible’. 

So we present to you... “Orrible Little Things”.

This  ruthless little band of baddies range between 20-22mm to the top of the head. Each one having its own ‘orrible’  yet humorous character.  Their short yet sweet little bio says it all.

After a short survey of war gamers and miniature painters, we received an exciting variety of names and descriptions, which we feel really reflects their versatility.

“They would make great Zombie Goblins!”

“Fuglies…”

“I can see using them in dungeon crawling, but not as baddies.  Maybe heroes in their own right or even as companions to the heroes.  I just cannot see them as baddies! Wannabe baddies maybe.”

“Call them Mugwumps and stat them somewhere between a Myconid and a Kobold.”

“How about some fancy term for dwarves, like Dueragar.  Also Wreks and Mongrelmen could fit I think.”

“Goblins.”

“Booglings.  Boggles.  Glummers.”

“Hobgoblins is as accurate as any other name.  Ogre, Mutant, Some Orcs all could fit.”

“Add chaos to hobgoblins etc. as they have a warped mutant vibe - which is a good thing.”

“Some of the faces remind me of the creatures from the film 'Box Trolls'.”

“They could be your own take on Chaos Dwarves.”

“In some European folklore Dwarves and Goblins are basically the same thing”

What would you call yours.....?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:33:26 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Alan maguire

• Mad Scientist
Just a bump, 3 hours left on this kick starter . thanks all...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Shame this little set did not make it through Kickstarter.  Are you looking at getting them into production another way or going to try and re-launch?

Either way I really hope you find a way to release them, they are absolutely perfect little scvm for Mork Borg inspired games.

Offline Alan maguire

• Mad Scientist
Hi robh, No plans as yet and not sure what to do next...

Yes it's a shame the kick starter did not make it and to be honest i can't understand why...?

I have not heard of scvm for Mork Borg inspired ...games...?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Mork Borg is probably the poster child of the "alt" style fantasy RPG scene.  Very dark, very mature and deliberately OTT shock concept but done to be played in a lighthearted manner. Difficult to describe as the book itself is presented as more punk art concept than game manual.
"Scvm/scum" are the player characters and most of the NPCs in the game.

https://morkborg.com

It has an open licence and has spawned a range of fan work that includes "Forbidden Psalm", a tabletop skirmish game set in the Mork Borg world.  Psalm was a limited edition Kickstarter in February and is currently being delivered to backers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impioussaint/forbidden-psalm-miniature-gaming-inspired-by-mork-borg?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=forbidden%20psalm

Your degenerate little guys would be a perfect fit for the look and feel of the game world. I was planning to swap out the weapons for bones or sticks (more appropriate for Mork Borg characters)

Offline Alan maguire

• Mad Scientist
Checked out the kick starter, crazy stuff lol...

I also found and liked the Facebook page, and posted a photo of one these sculpts to see what feedback i get....

So don't the Mork Borg characters have any weapons apart from bones and sticks...?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Be warned.......Mork Borg gets very addictive very quickly.  ;)

Weapons and armour exist and can be obtained as starting equipment by some classes but scvm are generally impoverished so obtaining them otherwise is difficult.  A femur is considered a good find.

There is an automated character creator (scvmbirther) here:

https://morkborg.com/content/

See what you come up with. (Click on "kill this one" to scroll through the selector)

Offline Alan maguire

• Mad Scientist
I will keep my eye in as they say :)

I will check out the link and see what happens.

sorry for late reply :) .....

Thanks for all the info robh !