Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:01:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685046
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 740
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.50 - A Regiment of Foote  (Read 94684 times)

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
Re: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures (P.26 - Scots Wha Hae)
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2022, 07:39:44 AM »
Lovely conversions!

Steve

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2022, 08:35:25 AM »
Fantastic work, Moi Capitan. I love also the painting, it is outstanding.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2022, 09:04:21 AM »
The conversion work looks pretty good. Do you take commissions? :D

The painting is excellent, as always.

I guess the problems you'll encounter, going down this route, are (i) that unless you come up with loads of Scottish figures (which may not be commercially viable), you'll end up disappointing those whose main interest is the Scottish elements of the conflicts and (ii) if your money and Nick's time are used on Scottish figures, this will delay the introduction of more 'English' figures for the majority of your customers. 

Just a thought, but some ragged figures might go down well. As well as being suitable for the ECW they'd be perfect for the TYW and I seem to remember that one manufacturer, possibly Redoubt, portrayed soldiers from Montrose's Irish Brigade as looking like ragged continental soldiers.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2022, 09:43:47 AM »
Cracking conversions, and I love the idea of using 'official' conversions to diversify the range. Buuut I probably wouldn't buy the scots figures I'm afraid
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2022, 11:30:25 AM »
Lovely conversions. ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2022, 12:16:10 PM »
Really lovely work, Richard. Great inspiration as I'll be continuing along with more of my own conversions soon. Some solid recommendations already offered by others, so nothing to add to the wish list from me.
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'd support these new additions to your range and have placed my vote over on the linked survey.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2022, 01:17:09 PM »
Fantastic Richard, the chap in long coat looks ideal for a Jacobite officer, I wonder if doing a pack of adapted figures that could be used in later conflict may make that particular pack more popular for you? I would love to have that particular figure mixed with my Jacobites for example.

Thanks Roger. Yes, I must admit, by converting a few of the mid-C17th figures in Dutch coats, they could pass for mid-C18th Scots. Possibly with the addition of side pockets on the coats?

You have enough helmet options, but a major omission for ECW is knitted 'Monmouth' caps, both the close fitting and wide brimmed styles. These were probably the most common hat style worn my English musketeers in this period. A few Montero caps wouldn't go amis either (good for TYW and Oxford garrison in ECW).

Thanks Dave :)
I'm still assessing the commercial viability of the head sprues. The first lot have gone reasonably well in the first 5 weeks, but will have to see how they fare over the longer term before investing in a second set with floppy hats, monteros and Monmouth caps. It's on the cards, but I need to make sure they'll at least stand a chance of recouping the costs of making them.

Great figures :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cheers Colin. I was hoping I wouldn't get accused of cultural appropriation, so it's good to receive the Maclachlan seal of approval ;)

I’ve answered the survey monkey, but I think there was an option missing … “at this point I’ll buy any figures you release”  lol !.

Haha, thanks Andy. If everyone felt the same way, how easy it would be to plough ahead and churn out loads of 'em! Thanks for all your suggestions which I will feed into Nick in due course.

The conversion work looks pretty good. Do you take commissions? :D

Just a thought, but some ragged figures might go down well. As well as being suitable for the ECW they'd be perfect for the TYW and I seem to remember that one manufacturer, possibly Redoubt, portrayed soldiers from Montrose's Irish Brigade as looking like ragged continental soldiers.

Thanks Paul. I don't think my converting is really up to snuff given the superb quality of your collection of bespoke figures  lol
Yes, I've got a set of 'ragged soldiers' on the list for a future release. (Release 6, as things stand).

Cracking conversions, and I love the idea of using 'official' conversions to diversify the range. Buuut I probably wouldn't buy the scots figures I'm afraid

Thanks :) That's absolutely fair enough, and the reason I'm trying to test the waters...
I don't think they'd be for everybody. TBH, I've got a collection of some 500 ECW figures - and (up to now) no Scots.
It's just trying to establish what proportion of ECW / TYW wargamers might perhaps be in the market...  ::)

Really lovely work, Richard. Great inspiration as I'll be continuing along with more of my own conversions soon. Some solid recommendations already offered by others, so nothing to add to the wish list from me.
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'd support these new additions to your range and have placed my vote over on the linked survey.

Thank you Ben :) Looking forward to seeing more of your excellent conversions.

Thanks everyone for the kind and constructive comments.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2022, 01:28:24 PM »
Brill 8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2022, 02:29:04 PM »

The Warlord ‘Montrose Irish’ have a ragged look including figures in bare feet etc. I thought this was great - especially considering the adventures they had over 1644/5 (even if they did have a few opportunities to pick up “dropped” equipment!).

You often read about troops being very ragged in appearance but I guess us wargamers do like a “full-dress” figure.  Very glad to hear about your plans for a ‘ragged’ set, Richard 👍.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2022, 05:34:50 PM »
flipping heck - they're brilliant. What painting.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2022, 06:29:44 PM »
My order arrived today, Richard. That was pretty fast. Huzzah!! It’s good to see that you’re expanding the series.
Not sure about them Scots. Someday, I’d certainly want some, there were also Scots in the 30YW, but they’re not on my priority list.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2022, 10:18:24 PM »
Lovely painting and conversions Richard  :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2022, 10:41:33 PM »
Thanks chaps  :)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #403 on: June 03, 2022, 12:58:50 AM »
Lovely figures and conversions.
I said yes to the Scots.
My last order from you came in the mail, yesterday.
Great figures, thanks.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2022, 07:45:49 AM »
I identify as Scottish these days so Yes to the Scots - they’ll sit nicely alongside all my undercoated but unpainted Bicorne Scots.  And a double YES to ragged figures :)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)