Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.50 - A Regiment of Foote  (Read 95488 times)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures (P.18, Release 3 figures preview)
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2022, 09:35:19 PM »
Very nice

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures (P.18, Release 3 figures preview)
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2022, 08:24:02 AM »
They are a splendid addition to the range. Lovely stuff :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Online Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2022, 08:26:52 AM »
Marvelous characters.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2022, 12:26:20 PM »
Great figures! I don't game ECW and have never painted figures for that period (I would love to one day but have too many ongoing projects at the moment!) but I am going to get the Looters as the guy with the sack over his shoulder will make a great Thief for my next Frostgrave warband.

I don't know if you play that game Captain, but it strikes me your range of miniatures could provide all the figures one might need for an English Civil War themed warband; the guys with breastplates and helmets could count as "Knights", musketeers as "Crossbowmen", there is a nice variety of levels of armour and double and single-handed weapons in the range to provide "Thugs", "Infantrymen" etc and of course your Militant Tendency could provide "Wizards" and "Apprentices" clutching their Prayer books ("grimoires") and pamphlets ("scrolls"). I just need a "Barbarian".

Any chance your next releases will include a particularly strapping lad wielding a two-handed weapon? He should be unarmoured so a floppy hat is fine and although stripped to the waist is traditional this is England after all so perhaps a flouncy shirt would be acceptable  ;)

Offline Captain Brown

• Assistant
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2022, 06:28:18 PM »
Excellent sculpts.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2022, 07:55:44 PM »
Finally painting my sixteen Release 1 figures and they're gorgeous. Doing them up as a county militia sort of regiment with a small mounted/dragoon contingent, as that suits the figure mix well and gives some variety for skirmish gaming.

Did I see something go past that you're considering doing some female figures both armed and unarmed? There's so few ECW ladies out there in 28mm...

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2022, 04:58:15 PM »
Finally painting my sixteen Release 1 figures and they're gorgeous. Doing them up as a county militia sort of regiment with a small mounted/dragoon contingent, as that suits the figure mix well and gives some variety for skirmish gaming.

Did I see something go past that you're considering doing some female figures both armed and unarmed? There's so few ECW ladies out there in 28mm...

Yes, Release 4 will include a pack of 'ladies defending a siege' :)
Glad to hear you're enjoying painting the figures Brian.

Great figures! I don't game ECW and have never painted figures for that period (I would love to one day but have too many ongoing projects at the moment!) but I am going to get the Looters as the guy with the sack over his shoulder will make a great Thief for my next Frostgrave warband.

I don't know if you play that game Captain, but it strikes me your range of miniatures could provide all the figures one might need for an English Civil War themed warband; the guys with breastplates and helmets could count as "Knights", musketeers as "Crossbowmen", there is a nice variety of levels of armour and double and single-handed weapons in the range to provide "Thugs", "Infantrymen" etc and of course your Militant Tendency could provide "Wizards" and "Apprentices" clutching their Prayer books ("grimoires") and pamphlets ("scrolls"). I just need a "Barbarian".

Any chance your next releases will include a particularly strapping lad wielding a two-handed weapon? He should be unarmoured so a floppy hat is fine and although stripped to the waist is traditional this is England after all so perhaps a flouncy shirt would be acceptable  ;)

Hmmm. Hadn't thought about that, but could try to weave an unarmoured melee character into a future release.
Interesting thought on the Frostgrave front. Maybe Joe will write a C17th expansion :)
It's still early days, but the figures seem quite a popular choice for 'folk horror' type settings - I've seen several people using them for that genre. So maybe a Frostgrave type game leaning in that direction would be a reasonable seller... ;)

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2022, 05:33:42 PM »
Three Musketeers would sell better  >:D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2022, 11:51:03 PM »
… I just need a "Barbarian".

Great idea for a warband. I’d have thought a Scottish Highlander would fit well as the Barbarian character (based on prevailing opinion at the time; comes from a far away place, speaks a strange language, carries a big chopper!) and plenty of those in the various ECW Scots ranges.

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2022, 07:32:52 PM »
Congrats on the new venture! The Platonic ideal of gaming right here. Many of these would make good witch hunters too.
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Congrats on the new venture! The Platonic ideal of gaming right here. Many of these would make good witch hunters too.
They measure up quote well GW figures- I was thinking of doing something like that with mine for Mordheim. :D

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Three Musketeers would sell better  >:D
... or Italians (old insider joke, Sir Riccardo  ;) )...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great looking new additions.  Will definitely be adding these.

I like some of the suggestions as well, and if I may

What would be good as a set of scrapping pike men, with swords, axes etc…..the Bicorne sword wielding pike are for some reason very small compared to your minis and all pretty much in the same poses.

Also, these are not that many choices available in scale for good looking civilians and townsfolk. 

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Great looking new additions.  Will definitely be adding these.

I like some of the suggestions as well, and if I may

What would be good as a set of scrapping pike men, with swords, axes etc…..the Bicorne sword wielding pike are for some reason very small compared to your minis and all pretty much in the same poses.

Also, these are not that many choices available in scale for good looking civilians and townsfolk.

Thank you  :)
Yes, a set of pikemen ‘en melee’ with swords and broken pikestaffs etc are on the list. As are armed peasants.

Not 100% convinced on the townsfolk, alas.
I’d like them. You’d like them. But I’d need at least 200 other people to like them enough to buy a pack of them, just in order to break even and cover the sculpting, moulding and ancillary costs. It’s a fairly brutal calculation I’m afraid :(

It’s still very early days in the lifetime of Bloody Miniatures, coming up for 1 year of operations, and it’s been quite successful overall. The best selling pack so far (the dismounted troopers), has sold around 330 packs to date. But some of the others (in release 2) haven’t attained the magic 200 yet, to edge into profitability. And they’re all pretty mainstream subjects thus far.
So it will be interesting to see how one or two of the more, er, esoteric offerings in the upcoming third release fare  :)

It’s a long game of course… I’m expecting a tail of sales to keep trickling in for years to come ;)

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Fully understand….😢

None the less, keep ‘em coming!