Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.50 - A Regiment of Foote  (Read 95434 times)

Offline wds0855

• Bookworm
All these figures are really SPLENDID !!!

Walt

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
Thank you  :)
Yes, a set of pikemen ‘en melee’ with swords and broken pikestaffs etc are on the list. As are armed peasants.

Not 100% convinced on the townsfolk, alas.
I’d like them. You’d like them. But I’d need at least 200 other people to like them enough to buy a pack of them, just in order to break even and cover the sculpting, moulding and ancillary costs. It’s a fairly brutal calculation I’m afraid :(

It’s still very early days in the lifetime of Bloody Miniatures, coming up for 1 year of operations, and it’s been quite successful overall. The best selling pack so far (the dismounted troopers), has sold around 330 packs to date. But some of the others (in release 2) haven’t attained the magic 200 yet, to edge into profitability. And they’re all pretty mainstream subjects thus far.
So it will be interesting to see how one or two of the more, er, esoteric offerings in the upcoming third release fare  :)

It’s a long game of course… I’m expecting a tail of sales to keep trickling in for years to come ;)

Apologies in the first instance for not frequent the LAF recently, work and family issues, as always beautiful, stunning figures Cap. Blood. Just reading your reply there, would it help having some of the release 2 in and amongst other figure manufacturers? As us gamers are an eclectic lot, not everyone will have Bicorne minis so maybe some pics of your figures with others may help?
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
It’s still very early days in the lifetime of Bloody Miniatures, coming up for 1 year of operations, and it’s been quite successful overall. The best selling pack so far (the dismounted troopers), has sold around 330 packs to date. But some of the others (in release 2) haven’t attained the magic 200 yet, to edge into profitability. And they’re all pretty mainstream subjects thus far.
You are loosing a lot of customers in Europe, I‘m afraid. Over here in Germany in the last year all parcel were caught by the custom and I paid around 20-25% for every parcel. Depends a bit on the value, because DHL always puts 6 Euro to a parcel for „custom support“. So a small company like Bloody Miniatures are the big looser of it, because of missing distribution over here. Sad, but true…
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Online gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
just received my latest batch of Bloody Miniatures...boy they are really all encompassing, beautiful  miniatures..always a good sign when even my jaded eyes stop and stare at each casting for ages...lightning fast service,and i looked for the red tissue..it was there. im happy!!
keep up the  fine work Richard!! :D 8) :D 8) :o
regards
Ged
www.gringo40s.com
ged4444@icloud.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Haha! Thanks Ged. Appreciate your support, and glad you like the figures :)

You are loosing a lot of customers in Europe, I‘m afraid. Over here in Germany in the last year all parcel were caught by the custom and I paid around 20-25% for every parcel. Depends a bit on the value, because DHL always puts 6 Euro to a parcel for „custom support“. So a small company like Bloody Miniatures are the big looser of it, because of missing distribution over here. Sad, but true…

Thanks Dirk. Yes, I'm aware of the problem, and it's definitely had an impact. In the first few months of this little venture, I was shipping fully one third of orders received to EU countries, especially France and Germany. Then the post-Brexit rules changed and the European trade dropped off a cliff. Perfectly understandable of course - it was bad enough to have to pay customs and handling charges, but VAT on top, means that a 30.00 GBP box of toy soldiers can end up costing at least half as much again - which is just ridiculous. Good old Brexit eh? Just who is it good for? Absolutely nobody. Anyway, sorry... straying into politics there, I'll have to moderate myself >:D

What's interesting is that international sales to (for instance) the USA, Canada, NZ and Oz are holding up absolutely fine. It's ironic that I can send a small package to the other side of the world with minimal extra cost and hassle for the recipient, and yet sending it 20 miles across the English Channel can involve ludicrous amounts of additional cost and red tape. Ah well, we are where we are. Politics, eh?
Some brave souls are still ordering from the EU (thank you!) and I hear different stories back from them.
Some people seem to get clobbered with huge surcharges and their order takes 6-8 weeks to arrive. In other cases, they get away with it, and the package turns up within a few days.
I think it all depends, not just on the different jurisdictions in different countries, but also on which individual customs official happens to pick it up on any particular day, and how vindictive he or she is feeling ::)

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
These are beautiful. Nick Collier is one of my favourite sculptors. One day I’ll get into ECW. Maybe we Brough Pikeman’s Lament. Nothing too big.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Not 100% convinced on the townsfolk, alas.
I’d like them. You’d like them. But I’d need at least 200 other people to like them enough to buy a pack of them, just in order to break even and cover the sculpting, moulding and ancillary costs. It’s a fairly brutal calculation I’m afraid :(

So it will be interesting to see how one or two of the more, er, esoteric offerings in the upcoming third release fare  :)
I'm gonna do my part and buy 2 packs of everything you have. :D

Eventually, I imagine the mess caused by Brexit will sort itself out to some degree and, at the least, will become more consistent if not considerably cheaper. When I order from manufacturers outside Canada as long as the total is low- say, under $150 CDN- I can usually avoid custom charges and a long delay. Still inconsistent in processing times though: I could order a package from Bloody Miniatures one day and have it here in a week and half; the next one might take a month. ::)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Apologies in the first instance for not frequent the LAF recently, work and family issues, as always beautiful, stunning figures Cap. Blood. Just reading your reply there, would it help having some of the release 2 in and amongst other figure manufacturers? As us gamers are an eclectic lot, not everyone will have Bicorne minis so maybe some pics of your figures with others may help?

Sorry, missed that earlier! Thank you :) Yes, I did that (See p. 17 of this thread - great minds! lol)

Right then...
Here are the next 16 figures incoming from Bloody Miniatures. Yippeee!

These have now gone off to Griffin for moulding, mastering, checking and - after all that - production casting. All being well, these will be in stock in around three to four weeks. Not quite in time for our first Bloody birthday next week alas, but close enough. The best laid plans...  ::)

As with previous releases, they'll be available as single packs of four figures, or together as a 16-figure deal - ‘A Parcel of Rogues’. Perfect for mid-C17th skirmish wargames, or to add period character and vignette detail to your ECW / TYW era armies.

Pack BM0013 – ‘The Looters’. A band of disreputable soldiery laden with forage and the spoils of war - swag, sacks, bundles, caskets of valuables, bottles, altar goods, flasks, wine casks, and so on. But still very much with their swords, pistols and muskets at the ready.

Pack BM014 – ‘The Militant Tendency’. The Civil Wars provoked a dangerous ferment of religious, social and political upheaval. Agitators and ‘sectaries’ abounded – Ranters, Levellers, Diggers, Fifth Monarchists, Anabaptists and more besides. This well-armed crew of assorted rabble-rousers wield prayer books, polemics, political tracts, and fire and brimstone exhortations.

Pack BM015 – ‘All the King's Men’. Raffish Royalists in flamboyant attire, including a well-fed landowner enjoying a cup of sack; a dandified cavalier gentleman sporting 1642’s latest, most fashionable togs; a hard-bitten TYW veteran in the Royalist cause, with scarred visage and fluted Continental zischagge. And finally, a notorious duellist / killing gentleman with rapier.

Pack BM016 – ‘The Parliament Men’. Plain-speaking Parliamentarians in austere, godly attire. Including a bluff and honest East Anglian farmer-turned-soldier;  a stout Member of Parliament in his iron puritan hat; a dour puritan intelligencer in his tall hat, long coat and riding cape; and a veteran New Model Army sergeant, pamphlet of psalms thrust through his hatband (He has open hands and a separate halberd by the way, so you could press him into service an ensign).

As promised, this release will also include a pack of 12 separate heads for conversions (not pictured).

I hope you like them (And damn your eyes if you don't!  >:D  lol)

Offline brunei35

• Scientist
Excellent as always Richard, especially like the looters

Cheers

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Yes please  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Super additions to the range Richard :-*
Becoming increasingly difficult to resist :P :)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Excellent news….. quite excited :D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Wonderful sculpts! Can't decide which are my favourites:  the Royalist Duellist, the Puritan Intelligencer, the farmer smoking his pipe or the Militant with hat in hand and eyes turned Heavenwards. They are all lovely though :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Wonderful sculpts! Can't decide which are my favourites:  the Royalist Duellist, the Puritan Intelligencer, the farmer smoking his pipe or the Militant with hat in hand and eyes turned Heavenwards. They are all lovely though :-*

Agreed. :-*

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Stonking figures. Can't wait for these to be available!
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0