Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689480
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.50 - A Regiment of Foote  (Read 97071 times)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
very smart

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Got myself a nice present for father’s day. Very impressed how the range has developed and could not resist anymore!
Looking forward to more bloody miniatures, Richard!
Cheers!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Ah, thank you Florian  :)
That’s very kind of you. They will be in the post tomorrow!

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Well I’ve taken the plunge and bought the mortuary men pack, have you ever thought of expanding the range to the 3 musketeers? 😜

Offline serran

• Librarian
Three musketeers! Three musketeers! Three musketeers!

Sorry......

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Three musketeers! Three musketeers! Three musketeers!

Sorry......

There is always one!...
and they are all for him!!!! :D

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Well I’ve taken the plunge and bought the mortuary men pack, have you ever thought of expanding the range to the 3 musketeers? 😜

Thanks Andy, I'll get them off to you tomorrow :)
(Ah, just noticed - you didn't put a house name or number on your order? Only the name of the lane. If you could let me know? Ta :))

And for you Three Musketeers fans, I have had the following pointed out to me...

That's three figures from the 'All the King's Men' pack, and one from 'The Mortuary Men'.

Honestly not what was intended, but they do actually fit pretty well don't they?  ;)

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
They all look great as musketeers!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures (P.26 - Scots Wha Hae)
« Reply #383 on: June 01, 2022, 01:48:36 PM »
Well, inspired by Abu Iskander's recent excellent conversions of Bloody Miniatures to ECW Scots, I've had a crack at a few of my own... :)

It's quite timely, because I’ve been asked by several people if I’d consider some Bloody ECW / TYW Scots.

Scots armies played a significant role in the English Civil War, with the Presbyterian Covenanters fighting across the north of England, first for Parliament against the King, and later for the King against Parliament. The Scots also fought each other - Covenanters versus Montrose's Royalists - and Scottish mercenary companies served widely on the continent throughout the Thirty Years War.

Despite this history of extensive Scottish participation in British and European wars of the first half of the Seventeenth Century, I worry that ECW Scots might be something of a niche interest (other than to Scottish wargamers of course!)

Without boring you with the economics of wargames figure manufacturing, you basically need to sell around 250 sets of figures just to cover the sculpting, moulding and casting costs of creating that set - never mind making a profit. Having discussed it with Nick Collier though, we could take 16 existing figures from across the range and adapt them with a variety of new heads in Scots’ bonnets, border plaid cloaks, and some distinctive Scottish polearms like Lochaber axes and Jedburgh staves. The figures would be a characterful mix of swordsmen, musketeers, pistoleers and polearms. An ‘adapted’ set would be economically viable. 16 brand new sculpts possibly not.

To provide an idea of what adapted figures might look like, I’ve converted these. Two are straight head swaps (using the Scots bonnet heads from the separate heads sprue). The other four I’ve titivated with border plaids, extra hair, bonnet decorations, and the like. Obviously Nick’s sculpts would be way better than my amateur Green Stuffing, but this is the sort of level of adaptation.

If you can spare a minute to help me gauge whether there would be an appetite for a release of Bloody Miniatures Scots, would you be kind enough to pop across and complete this little survey for me? Thank you :)

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6HPXWP3

It’s strictly no names, no pack drill, so please answer honestly as to whether you’d be interested or not. It’s terribly unscientific, and is not any sort of commitment to buy. Merely an ‘in principle’ indication of possible interest. Or not.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #384 on: June 01, 2022, 03:09:20 PM »
Wow - they look good. :-*

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #385 on: June 01, 2022, 03:22:24 PM »
Fantastic Richard, the chap in long coat looks ideal for a Jacobite officer, I wonder if doing a pack of adapted figures that could be used in later conflict may make that particular pack more popular for you? I would love to have that particular figure mixed with my Jacobites for example.
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #386 on: June 01, 2022, 03:29:32 PM »
Lovely conversions on the Scots  :-*
My musketeers arrived this morning, so I'll be starting soon on converting some, in order to produce a nice varied unit of shotte.
Looking through the range and your hints of future packs, here is my 'wants' list for future consideration:
1 - more heads. You have enough helmet options, but a major omission for ECW is knitted 'Monmouth' caps, both the close fitting and wide brimmed styles. These were probably the most common hat style worn my English musketeers in this period. A few Montero caps wouldn't go amis either (good for TYW and Oxford garrison in ECW).
2 - a halberd armed sergeant dressed in a plain soldier's coat or cassock, with a hat rather than a helmet and in the 'order' posture (standing alert). Sergeants were normally attached to the shotte, so such a figure would work well with the musketeers you have produced to date.
Keep up the good work!
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #387 on: June 01, 2022, 04:02:10 PM »
Love the Scots so much I’ve started on some conversions of my own  :-*
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2022, 12:04:55 AM »
Great figures :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Friends of General Haig

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog:
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2022, 08:25:45 AM »
Wonderful conversions, Richard!  A superb job on the tartan as well 👍.

I’ve answered the survey monkey, but I think there was an option missing … “at this point I’ll buy any figures you release”  lol !.

Love to see some Lochaber axes.  Can I sow the thought of may be a targe or two?  Certainly some basket hilted broadswords. A nice big claymore perhaps?  How about a nice dirk to go in the hand that’s carrying the targe? Would the all metal construction pistols (supposedly very popular in the highlands) not be obvious to sculpt in this scale?  Is a bow with a quiver of arrows out of the question?

I think I’ve mentioned it before, but trews can be a nice option, and it’s possible to adapt a figure in breeches without too much difficulty - great for officer types.

How about just working through each of the McBride illustrations in the Osprey ‘Highland Clansman”?  :D