Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.50 - A Regiment of Foote  (Read 95390 times)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.33 - Release 4 now available :)
« Reply #495 on: September 19, 2022, 06:25:54 PM »
Great stuff and the civilians are really unexpected. Hope they will sell good and we can expect more. Because a big missing part is civilians for this period. I own millions of P&S, but the number of civilians is really small.

I agree: blacksmiths, drovers, milk maids, shepherds, ploughmen, innkeepers, serving wench, beggars, merchants, etc..

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: [Commercial] Introducing Bloody Miniatures P.33 - Release 4 now available :)
« Reply #496 on: September 20, 2022, 10:19:05 AM »
I agree: blacksmiths, drovers, milk maids, shepherds, ploughmen, innkeepers, serving wench, beggars, merchants, etc..
Beekeepers! We need beekeepers and bee stocks.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #497 on: September 20, 2022, 11:34:52 AM »
Camp followers generally would be useful.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #498 on: September 20, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
Supply wagons too.

And the 3 musketeers range too...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #499 on: September 20, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »

Strumpets! :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2022, 04:20:15 PM »
Beekeepers! We need beekeepers and bee stocks.

Yes, they would go nicely with Oshiro's beehives.
Strumpets! :D

Yes, a natural companion to this pack:

lol

Should be no problem as I am sure CB and NC have nothing but time on their hands...  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 04:22:12 PM by Codsticker »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2022, 11:33:51 AM »
lol

I'm obviously extremely tempted by strumpets (:D) but I fear they, beekeepers, camp followers, and other more esoteric subjects would struggle to achieve the approximately 200 sales that it takes just to recoup the sculpting, mould-making, and initial production costs on any given pack ;)

Lovely ideas, but joking aside, I have to keep a sensible hat on because I'm basically running this amusing little enterprise at around break even as things stand. If I factored in the cost of my time, it would be running at a whopping loss - despite enjoying extremely robust sales overall. God knows how people make a living out of it. Luckily, I don't need to. But if I start producing ultra-niche subjects, I'm going to end up spending a lot more money than I'm ever going to make back.
It's actually extremely interesting to see which packs perform the best and which don't really grab people. I can tell straightaway, for instance, just on the basis of a few days' worth of orders for this new release, that the unhorsed cuirassiers are the runaway winner in the popularity stakes, the ladies and the picquets are doing quite well, but the poor old armed peasantry are lagging a long way behind. (This despite many people having opined over the last 18 months 'what we really need are more civilians... ')

As we all know deep down, what wargamers say they want, and what wargamers actually buy, are two quite different things ;)

I'm not complaining - merely explaining. It's a learning curve :D

The Bloody mission remains to produce characterful subjects for the period that aren't usually covered by the myriad other mainstream ECW manufacturers out there. But not to produce items which would be delightful to own, but stand next to no chance of covering the cost of making them :)

Onwards and upwards! Coming next, The Scots, also very much by (semi) popular request. We'll see how they do. I remain slightly sceptical, but you never know ;)

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2022, 12:05:52 PM »
Continue what your doing Richard, the figures just keep getting better. Received mine yesterday and they are superb. I know what your saying about niche figures, how many bee keepers can you sell, then again 😬.
I personally would love to see some walking wounded.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »
Splendid releases! I'll need to buy those civilians then. I'm slightly surprised they're the lowest sellers as I thought they might do better than the ladies given how useful they are.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2022, 12:58:20 PM »
lol
I'm obviously extremely tempted by strumpets ( :D ) but I fear they, beekeepers, camp followers, and other more esoteric subjects would struggle to achieve the approximately 200 sales that it takes just to recoup the sculpting, mould-making, and initial production costs on any given pack ;)
It will be simple to solve this problem. Make three most wanted figures and put the fourth - I think it should be the beekeeper - in this pack and subsidize the forth with the three. And make the pack 1 GBP more expensive. The customer thing they buy something very expansive and exclusive. Here a good book for you to learn this:

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2022, 02:49:56 PM »
Interesting to see what’s selling.  I bought the dismounted cuirassiers because they’d be lovely figures to paint (and looking at them in my hand right now, they will be!).  But I assumed they’d be a personal choice of yours Richard and not a good seller, whereas the open-handed peasants are very useful and would sell like hot cakes.
But what do I know. Sweet FA as usual lol.

Speaking of hands, I wondered if you’d considered spare hands for conversions?  As this period has nice deep cuffs, doing a cuffed RH and LH clutching various swords, muskets, pistols, revolutionary pamphlets etc might make easier conversion opportunities than the heads with their flowing locks. Just a thought.

But no beekeepers. Only the really weird would want them lol
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
Mine have also arrived and they are delightful. I too am surprised at what is most popular
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2022, 04:42:27 PM »
Splendid releases! I'll need to buy those civilians then. I'm slightly surprised they're the lowest sellers as I thought they might do better than the ladies given how useful they are.
I agree 100%. In fact I contemplated only getting one pack of the ladies. Although I have no interest in collecting Scots, despite my maternal heritage, if I didn't buy them my Bloody Miniatures collection would be incomplete and we can't have that. :-[

Perhaps town folk and tradesmen could be offered in an over-priced boutique offshoot; you could call it Bloodworld....  8)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2022, 06:51:07 PM »
lol

Keep those ideas coming boys  ;)

I had thought about a pack of separate hands John, then forgot about it lol

That should be achievable at a modest cost. I’ll chat to Nick about it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 06:52:45 PM by Captain Blood »

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2022, 07:03:01 PM »
Richard, the most wanted thing is: Italian Beekeepers. Believe me, I know it  lol :D