Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dragon Rampant - Who's Playing?  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Dragon Rampant - Who's Playing?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2021, 07:16:57 AM »
I enjoy "The Men Who Would be Kings". I'm no expert on the colonial era but the game is fun and interesting. It includes an AI, "Mr. Babish" (sp?), to run the tribal or rebellious forces to allow for cooperative, GM'd, or solo play. I keep threatening to set up an orc or similar force for the AI and run a Human, Elf or Dwarf expedition into their area.

Yeah I've been thinking about porting over the solo rules from TMWWBKs to Dragon Rampant they should work well enough. The solo rules do give a particular kind of game though as they relay on the players forces to move to trigger the AI units so they don't really work well in an attacker/defence scenario where the players forces don't want to move. For a a group of adventures (all high powered units in DR)on a wilderness crawl being attacked by hordes of baddies they'd give a good game I reckon.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2021, 09:10:31 AM »
It's 'Babbage', named after Charles Babbage, the Victorian inventor, creator of the Difference Engine and Analytical Engine, which were mechanical computers. He's considered the inventor of the computer and the father of computing by many. Sounds like something that belongs on the VSF board, but it was real.

I believe that the computer on 'Family Fortunes' (the British version of 'Family Feud' for our LAF friends in the New World), that thing that made the UHHHH-UHHHH! noise when the contestants got an answer wrong,  was also called Mr. Babbage. :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2021, 04:27:26 PM »
Owned them for a while, read them through on a couple of occasions, but not got around to playing them yet. I have played Lion Rampant a few times and enjoyed that, so I imagine Dragon would be that cut above fun-wise due to the fantasy elements. I may move onto Dragon Rampant once my current skirmish games using Middle-earth SBG have run their course and I need something grander.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/