Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Barons’ War 3 Death and Taxes  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
Re: (Kickstarter) Barons’ War 3 Death and Taxes
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 06:02:13 PM »
I would just like to point out that this is nothing to do with me.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 02:07:55 PM »
I recently did the "Late Pledge" and bought a bunch of stuff, but it's all listed as pre-order. I guess since I wasn't a backer during the live campaign, I can't comment in the comments section? Bummer.

Does anyone know if the buildings will be avialbe from the footsore store at a later date? I don't have a 3d printer, so not interested in STL files. Also, and this is a general KS question I guess, but do Late Pledgers not fill out the Backerkit survey?

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 03:51:13 PM »
Not sure if a decision has been made regarding the availability of the buildings through Footsore yet. I simply ordered the physical models through the Late Pledge.

Not much experience with how a KS normally works as I've only backed a few but I also have not had the survey with this one and guessed it was down to the late pledge.

If you are on facebook Andy is pretty quick at responding to questions on either his page or the Barons War Group one.

Steve

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 04:59:33 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm not on FB.

I've already paid for the minis I wanted. If I want to add the buildings, any idea if that would be a separate billing with separate shipping?
Also, it unfortunately doesn't look like some of the neat buildings like the church and blacksmithy are available to buy as a Late Pledge. those are the main ones I wanted to pick up. They're a bit more unique than what's more readily available out there.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 05:47:17 PM »
I’d recommend using the comments section on the KS page then, should get back to you pretty quickly.

Steve

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2021, 06:42:58 PM »
Not sure I can. When I log in to KS and go to this campaign, it says comments for backers only or somesuch. I think, as a late pledger, I’m excluded.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:08:23 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2021, 07:07:36 AM »
They have a forum over at www.warhost.online

May be worth trying your questions over there.

Steve

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2021, 01:32:35 PM »
I recently did the "Late Pledge" and bought a bunch of stuff, but it's all listed as pre-order. I guess since I wasn't a backer during the live campaign, I can't comment in the comments section? Bummer.

Does anyone know if the buildings will be avialbe from the footsore store at a later date? I don't have a 3d printer, so not interested in STL files. Also, and this is a general KS question I guess, but do Late Pledgers not fill out the Backerkit survey?

I don't think it will be available after the kickstarter / pledge ends. Same as the STL files will also not be available after it.

Although, the village stl and printed buildings were a succes. So they will certainly do more in the future. Maybe with Barons' War 4 that will move away from England to Europe and the crusades.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2021, 09:28:10 PM »
I don't think it will be available after the kickstarter / pledge ends. Same as the STL files will also not be available after it.

Although, the village stl and printed buildings were a succes. So they will certainly do more in the future. Maybe with Barons' War 4 that will move away from England to Europe and the crusades.

Thanks for the heads-up. A bit of a bummer though. That chapel and blacksmiths are incredible and aren’t included in the late pledges. Sounds like there won’t be a way to get them in the future.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2021, 07:33:38 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up. A bit of a bummer though. That chapel and blacksmiths are incredible and aren’t included in the late pledges. Sounds like there won’t be a way to get them in the future.

As far I have seen online Andy Hobday is very helpful. So I am certain that there will be a way to get it. I have pledged for the digital files, although I am not 100% certain if my printer can print the Chapel. They were thinking about cutting it in smaller pieces so all printers could print it.

Anyway there is always a solution that I print it and send it to you. You would only need to pay for the postage and the small amount of resin I would use. Although I would first ask Andy / footsore if it would be okay to do it like that.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2021, 02:08:59 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about asking someone to print off the buildings for me as a last resort. Maybe I can message Andy directly via KS?
Any idea if other items from this campaign may not be available later? I didn’t order the tax cart, but I may want it in the future.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2021, 04:10:23 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about asking someone to print off the buildings for me as a last resort. Maybe I can message Andy directly via KS?
Any idea if other items from this campaign may not be available later? I didn’t order the tax cart, but I may want it in the future.

So far as I know the cart is not kickstarter exclusive so it will be available.

You can always send a mail to footsore and ask if they can forward it to Andy. They are very helpful.

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2021, 11:27:06 AM »

Hi,

I thought they were looking at a Baron's War Dark Age or a Scottish Campaign, they do have a Robert the Bruce under the Baron's War Range already. With Crusades at a later follow up?

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »
Hi,

I thought they were looking at a Baron's War Dark Age or a Scottish Campaign, they do have a Robert the Bruce under the Baron's War Range already. With Crusades at a later follow up?

I think they will soon release the free supplement called "Conquest" which will start with three armylists (Normans, Vikings and Saxons).

I think somewhere next year they will announce BW 4 kickstarter, which probably will have it attention shifted from England to Europa and the levant.

I don't think Robert the Bruce will have an armylist or a range of miniatures soon, same as Longshanks. Both are more very late 13th century and early 14th century.

I've read on facebook that Andy is working on unit profiles for the Anarchy, so that could also be a possibility for BW 4.

Offline AdmiralAndy

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2021, 11:51:31 PM »
@Tonhel

Thanks for the info about Conquest.

Seems Bruce and Longshanks may be on their lonesome for a while yet.

Crusades would fit in with the timescale though so makes sense.