Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 690
Total: 696

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons, one quick question  (Read 6157 times)

Offline number9

• Librarian
    • breadandwargames
Re: Strange Aeons, one quick question
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 09:34:20 PM »
Maybe after a certain amount of time passes and you devise a new special "thanks for supporting us!" goodie, perhaps the fate deck can be turned into a download? Though I'd rather pay for nice professionally printed and cut cards, I'd rather have them than not should you decide to no longer supply them.

Offline Breten

• Librarian
    • Calgary Gaming Forum
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
So it will not be very easy here in Europe to get hold of a Fate Deck :'(

We'll definately be finding away to make the cards more available.

Right now they are actually printed on plastic so they're really durable, though not cheap, as they'd retail for about $20-25.

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »
Two more questions after a few plays:

Turns/Rounds:

Do we have turns? I understand, that you only dice ones for initiative. So if player A wins the initiative he activates/nominates a figure then player B, then A again than B and so on. That is clear to us with an equal number of figures per side.

Example: Player A has 3 figures and player B has 6 figures - after  3 alternating nominations player A is finished, but player B has
3 figures left.
Question: Must player A wait with his next nomination until player B nominates his last 3 figures?
              Means both sides must finish with all his figures before a next round starts?

Psychology:

Example: In one turn cultist A sees a friendly figure die within 5" and he is then the last model of his faction in play.
Question: Must cultist A one psychology test or two?

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
Hey Loki,

I'll answer your second question first: Yes! It is possible to make several in one turn. In the case of the example one test for seeing a friendly model die within 5' and then a second test as he is last man standing...You could get around taking the second test by going face down or face up after failing the first test... ;)

Looks like you have the turns a bit wrong thou...In your turn you may nominate a figure, this figure takes two actions and play is handed over to your opponent...after your opponent goes you do not have to nominate a different model until they have all been used, you can nominate the same figure if you want. You will want to utilize the Command ability to make games less 2 dimensional. With Command you can nominate an additional models in your turn. So, for example: In my turn I nominate my Character who has Command...he will nominate two agents...now I have three models that get two actions each on my turn. Models that come with command are as follows: Threshold Character, Cult Leader, High Priest, Mummy, Serpentman Demigogue and a few others that will be in the expansion. So, to clarify: a player never has to use all his figures before the next turn starts. Hope that helps...

Uncle Mike

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply 8)

I'll answer your second question first: Yes! It is possible to make several in one turn. In the case of the example one test for seeing a friendly model die within 5' and then a second test as he is last man standing...You could get around taking the second test by going face down or face up after failing the first test... ;)

Autsch, thats pretty hard  >:D

Looks like you have the turns a bit wrong thou...In your turn you may nominate a figure, this figure takes two actions and play is handed over to your opponent...after your opponent goes you do not have to nominate a different model until they have all been used, you can nominate the same figure if you want. You will want to utilize the Command ability to make games less 2 dimensional. With Command you can nominate an additional models in your turn. So, for example: In my turn I nominate my Character who has Command...he will nominate two agents...now I have three models that get two actions each on my turn. Models that come with command are as follows: Threshold Character, Cult Leader, High Priest, Mummy, Serpentman Demigogue and a few others that will be in the expansion. So, to clarify: a player never has to use all his figures before the next turn starts. Hope that helps...

Aha  :D now it makes "click"