Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690758
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bloodborne - The board game (June 15: Hunter Axe & Chikage hunters)  (Read 22830 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (Sept. 2: Shot with everything and dogs!)
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2022, 07:01:45 AM »
Oh that's disappointing to hear. They are really pushing this one, I found out about it via a Youtube ad, of all things.

I'd really like to paint some of the more iconic characters from the game, but I don't think I'll jump in on this. Got enough damn unpainted lead and plastic as things are.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2022, 11:04:30 AM »
looks like an interesting system in terms of giving the 'open-world' feel etc.

like the idea of the ring-bound books. Conceptually and visually at least - actually playing out the encounters in such a book might feel a bit naff in practice.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2022, 12:45:32 PM »
> But...the board game is by Steamforged Games and these guys don't really have a good track record on -good- board games.

Elden Ring is one of the only Ameritrash games with combat that *doesn't* use dice! :O While I'm interested in anything that does more than throw dice (Gloomhaven fired everyone!), yes, it's expensive to go on KS faith that their card-based system will be good to play. And, while I've heard good things about Guild Ball (which Steamforged dropped because they're now doing IP games :P GB isn't how most gamers were introduced to Steamforged. I have plenty of games and miniatures in the queue, so I'll wait for the reviews.

> The OSL is getting easier and easier to do, now that I am applying it a lot. With fluorescent paints it gets so much easier than with regular paints!

More importantly (: do you have an OSL tutorial or can recommend one? True metal metal is about as good as I can get with this reflective light nonsense (: and would like to do a decent OSL job. I can fake some OSL on high-beam light sources from sf drones... :D
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (June 11: Cainhurst Hunter)
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2023, 08:00:05 PM »
And after a long time some more Bloodborne! This time another Hunter...one with the Cainhurst set, wielding the Threaded Cane and a Gatling Gun. The model is by Klukva Miniatures and is a fantasic resin cast. The Gatling Gun isn't in the board game though, as it a weapon from the DLC and CMON didn't do the DLC (yet...?). So I'll probably think of rules for it one day and use this as a proxy for the default Threaded Cane hunter.
Reasonably happy with the model, it's not very special with all that metal armour. But the cloak was difficult. I couldn't find any decent image of the actual pattern used on the cloak, so I just tried some things and then dulled it down with Nuln Oil. Not too happy with the design, but it works...somewhat.
But still, glad to found the Bloodborne mojo again! Already thinking on what to paint next.

@ced1106: totally missed your question OSL. I'll get back to you soon. It'll take a bit of typing ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:31:04 PM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Bloodborne - The board game (June 15: Hunter Axe & Chikage hunters)
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2023, 10:28:53 AM »
And two more hunters done, this time a Choir hunter with Hunter Axe and a hunter in the Charred set with a Chikage and Hunter Pistol. Not the easiest models to paint. 25-28mm with realistic proportions in PVC is...not ideal.

> The OSL is getting easier and easier to do, now that I am applying it a lot. With fluorescent paints it gets so much easier than with regular paints!

More importantly (: do you have an OSL tutorial or can recommend one? True metal metal is about as good as I can get with this reflective light nonsense (: and would like to do a decent OSL job. I can fake some OSL on high-beam light sources from sf drones... :D

The way I do my OSL on the Bloodborne stuff is to first the model normally, but keep the unlit areas darker and with more blue tones. So a very dark blue added for shadows and a light blue added for the highlights. And for the parts that are lit I use lighter and warmer tones for highlighting. So adding more Ice Yellow for highlights. This gives a nice tonal contrast between the dark and light places. Then I take the fluorescent paints from AK I have. I go from yellow > luminous orange > fluorescent orange > Vallejo fluorescent red. The stuff is very thin and translucent, so it's quite easy to build up the layers and thus the effect. The main thing to remember is that the light source should ALWAYS be the brightest, otherwise it's just wrong. And finally I often add some very dark and stark shading to enforce dark shadows, getting more contrast and a stronger effect. For example in folds of cloth and such.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:31:57 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2023, 02:07:42 PM »
more great stuff.

prompted me to look through the thread again. Fantastic and I see Zatu have got quite of a lot of the boxes in stock at good prices ...

Looking at the ensemble pic you posted a page back - just brilliant - with the OSL so well done as well.

your board/ miniature games threads here on LAF are among my favourites.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 02:10:22 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2023, 03:47:12 PM »
Aw cheers man! That's just so awesome to read! Thanks for that comment, that made my day.
I have painted two more Bloodborne models, but have to take pictures. I'll try to do this tomorrow!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2024, 10:37:03 AM »
Love the conversions and the painting in this thread. Had missed it up until now! Sadly, I can't see all of the pictures, do you know if they were hosted somewhere that now made the links broken?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2024, 07:37:17 PM »
Love the conversions and the painting in this thread. Had missed it up until now! Sadly, I can't see all of the pictures, do you know if they were hosted somewhere that now made the links broken?

Thanks for the headsup man! I changed webspace, so I had to relink most of them. But I think they work now.
Hope to paint some more Bloodborne this year, they are always fun to do!