Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wargods of Aegptus  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
Wargods of Aegptus
« on: March 30, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »
I decided that I needed a break from the 17th century and so dusted off the unpainted Wargods figures I bought many moons ago.  Here are the first of a small project - Archers

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Re: Wargods of Aegptus
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 02:03:46 PM »
I'd forgotten that game even existed.  Anyone been playing it recently - well, back in 2019, I suppose?  Been a long time since I heard anything from Crocodile Games, but their website's certainly active.  Doesn't seem to be much new from the last time i looked - maybe some Olympian figs?

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 02:55:36 PM »
I painted up a few things for it over the years but it never seems to have built up much of a following. I saw it being played at SALUTE ( though that must have been 5 or 6 years ago now)

I'm not anticipating playing it when the lockdown is lifted.

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 03:51:57 PM »
Matches my impression of things.  Still, they sure do make some nice models.  Nice to be reminded they exist.  :)

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 12:29:13 AM »
I'd forgotten that game even existed.  Anyone been playing it recently - well, back in 2019, I suppose?  Been a long time since I heard anything from Crocodile Games, but their website's certainly active.  Doesn't seem to be much new from the last time i looked - maybe some Olympian figs?

There's a few local places that play it and a couple other places have stocked it...well, a mix of Aegyptus, Olympus, and Hyperboria rather than just a the original.

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 09:55:05 AM »
here's a few local places that play it and a couple other places have stocked it...w

out of interest, where are these local places?

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »
There's a few local places that play it and a couple other places have stocked it...well, a mix of Aegyptus, Olympus, and Hyperboria rather than just a the original.

Wow, that's impressive.  Could never get more than one store locally to even try carrying it, and it mostly only drew interest with some ex-Warhammer folks who were burned by GW.  You're in Ohio by your profile?  Must be quite a gaming community out there.  Albany NY's minis scene has imploded pretty badly, mostly just GW stuff now at the stores, maybe a little Privateer in the next city over.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 08:47:37 PM »
excellent paint-jobs.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 07:12:50 AM »
Wow, that's impressive.  Could never get more than one store locally to even try carrying it, and it mostly only drew interest with some ex-Warhammer folks who were burned by GW.  You're in Ohio by your profile?  Must be quite a gaming community out there.  Albany NY's minis scene has imploded pretty badly, mostly just GW stuff now at the stores, maybe a little Privateer in the next city over.

Part of the reason why it ended up in a couple stores is that the place it started out kind of ended up alienating a lot of people playing there. The owners pretty much allowed certain people to cheat with edited PDF files of other wargames and has done some shady things with their magic organized play that did the same thing (They started taking things that were sent out for specific promotions, such as the half decks and card packs for a free event...they claimed to have the event, canceled it at the last moment to use the materials for a paid tournament and the packs were either sold or broken down and sold). A lot of the players went to other stores that spread out, and those who were playing Aegyptus started ordering through those stores. And a few of the other places decided to expand the figures they have available, so several of the hero figures were being sold and then two other stores started stocking it, the first was, largely, a models and historical place that decided to add the Olympus stuff and then the rest for those who wanted to go more mythical and a new place opened up where I, inadvertantly, got them to start stocking it due to the few that I had for D&D.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 07:55:25 PM »
It's nice to see there's still some interest in that magnificent miniature line  :)
I am a great fan of all mythology stuff, and both Wargods ranges suit my ideas how these minis should look.

Thanks for sharing, I hope to see more of your "small" project  ;)

These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Seditiosus

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »
aye. some great miniatures in that line. almost impossible to get here after the german distributor seemed to have dropped the line (although they are still listed on the website.. which does not make a great impression...)

Offline Doom Beard 78

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 06:54:01 PM »
About 15 years ago I started painting up a sebeki warband- I managed 4 figures, the rest are in various stages of completion. I ended up distracted with Greeks and Macedonians though having painted up 800 of those I now feel a desire to resume the Sebeki

Offline Wellington

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 07:24:28 PM »
Nice stuff!
A life without Samurai is possible, but not desirable!

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 08:42:23 PM »
They look great!