Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:48:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689751
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 763
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Journey into Blitz Bowl  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
Journey into Blitz Bowl
« on: February 22, 2021, 04:11:20 PM »
I was inspired by Son of Hobgoblin's fantastic work when I saw it over the weekend; so much so that I sat down and churned out a small Lizardmen blitz bowl team of my own.

These are the second half of a set my brother purchased and gave me this half as a gift.

They turned out well enough, though I am still unhappy with how the scales turned out on the saurus. Good enough to start playing though!

The skinks were fun to paint with their voodoo-inspired tattoos:

And my most favorite of the bunch was definitely the chameleon!

Painting the little white lines on the bases was also extremely satisfying.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Journey into Blitz Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »
Great looking team, love the chameleon super fun figure. :)

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 06:12:40 PM »
Nice figures! I had thought about getting blitz bowl but I still really like Blood Bowl so the cost of the game put me off.
But who knows...

Offline amunptah

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 04:41:11 PM »
Wish I could get Blitz Bowl in the UK. I did see some sets in Leisure Games when season 1 was out and I hadn’t got the itch, but they later swore they never stocked them. I’ve played on Tabletop Simulator and loved it, as I find Blood Bowl a bit of a giant to get into ruleswise.

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
Good stuff.  Love the skinks especially

For the scales I think the difficulty you have is with the extreme contrast between the black under and green scale.  Perhaps an extra layer in there somewhere would help?  Or just go over the scales and make sure there is not black showing on the scales themselves.  That would define each scale better (but a lot of work that you won't see at 2 feet - so why bother!?)

Offline Misneach

• Librarian
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 09:33:44 AM »
Very nice work!

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »
Wish I could get Blitz Bowl in the UK. I did see some sets in Leisure Games when season 1 was out and I hadn’t got the itch, but they later swore they never stocked them. I’ve played on Tabletop Simulator and loved it, as I find Blood Bowl a bit of a giant to get into ruleswise.

Yep I saw some advertised in a local store here, but my recent purchases have been ebay and just the Blood Bowl version so I can split it with my brother.

Good stuff.  Love the skinks especially

For the scales I think the difficulty you have is with the extreme contrast between the black under and green scale.  Perhaps an extra layer in there somewhere would help?  Or just go over the scales and make sure there is not black showing on the scales themselves.  That would define each scale better (but a lot of work that you won't see at 2 feet - so why bother!?)

As much as I could go back and tweak them more, I have decided to call the Lizardmen done. Good lessons learned. I am now working on my next team (Necromantic Horrors showed up yesterday!) and my Blood Bowl pitch.

In the mean time, here are the Lizardmen tokens:

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »
So in revisiting the forum I realized I made a mistake and put this thread in the "Fantasy Adventures" subforum and not "Other Adventures" which clearly lists Blood Bowl as one of its topics.  :o

Completely my mistake, if one of the mods is able to move this thread over there I will not complain.

Next up, I am building my stadium.

Any good stadium needs a healthy amount of advertising. Had to do this step twice as the first batch wrinkled up when I glued them to the foam backing. This batch will be glued to paint sticks for added stability, and all magnetized so I can swap around the order if I want too.

Also decided on my stadium's sponsor  :D I hope the Texans out there get it.

Progress with a few of the advertising strips attached to check the fit:

And here is the current state of the blitz-bowl pitch with half the spaces flocked in.

I also plan to construct a few building to surround the board itself in the shape of a Mayan ballcourt. So far all I have built is the dice tower:

Painting is in progress, just moving slow:

The tower also has some metal strips glued on so I can add in some more advertising!

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 01:27:06 PM »
Loving it!

Did you get the advertising graphics from somewhere or all your own work?  Particularly like Nurgle King.

Pitch looking great and the ball court dice tower is inspired.  Bravo!

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 09:52:12 PM »
I know it says Bloodbowl in Other Adventures, but if it's purely Fantasy based then I'm fine it being here. I can, however, move it if you prefer?

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »
I know it says Bloodbowl in Other Adventures, but if it's purely Fantasy based then I'm fine it being here. I can, however, move it if you prefer?

I would appreciate the move. it makes more sense to me over there, considering all the shameless corporate advertising that these Lizardmen seem to be doing  :D

...in other news, a new away-team has Thriller-walked there way into town to challenge the Lizardmen in their home turf!

The Necromantic Horrors team:

Loved painting these guys, so much character.

The Zombie bros:

The Scarecrow:

The Ghoul:

Painting the exposed (rotting) skin was fun and simple, just some bone-colored paint covered in a healthy lathering of green wash and some splotched on purple wash.

The Werewolf:

The Ghost:

And the big monster himself, the Frankenstein:

Loved painting his green skin and exposed brains  :D

The tokens are all done too:

The tombstone is my favorite, and it was very satisfying to paint the big pumpkin-mascot token.

The Frankenball and the Frankenstein:

The Pumpkinball and the Pumpkin-Heads!

Hope you like them!

Offline Smoke Frog

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 03:05:09 PM »
The blitzbowl pitch is now complete enough for games to be played on it!

It still needs some good drybrushing on the playing field to lighten it up and provide contrast, but I am happy with the progress so far!

Looking forward to making the rest of the stadium.