Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2021, 07:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: German Invasion 1875: UD 5/5 Prelude to Dorking info  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: German Invasion 1875: UD 10/4 Sculpts of Rifle Volunteers
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 04:25:42 PM »
Using R&P? Interesting!

It would be nice to see your unit stats sometime.

Here you go....

These are very much in draft; will finalise as and when they are painted. Iím tempted to add another gun each and some horse but Iíll get this lot done first.

28mm figures painted in 2021
39 Foot
13 Mounted
00 Vehicles/Artillery
00 Markers/Scatter
52 Total 
plus
00 Rebased

My LAF Gallery is HERE

Offline Rochejaquelein

• Student
Re: German Invasion 1875: SIís new project
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:29 PM »
Interesting alternate history stuff, nice setup.

Good work on your Volunteer conversions.

Ironclad Miniatures do wonderful British infantry in home service helmets and Grenadier Guards in mighty bearskin caps for this period and some cool looking Prussian infantry.

Iíd put this in the Age of Big Battalions but clearly state alternate history in the topics.

Carry on!
I'm not too knowledgeable of the period (The Flashman Papers has stoked my interest), but AFAIK the home service helmet only entered service in 1878; before that some form of shako was still in use in non-colonial settings.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »
I'm not too knowledgeable of the period (The Flashman Papers has stoked my interest), but AFAIK the home service helmet only entered service in 1878; before that some form of shako was still in use in non-colonial settings.

Iím no expert but thatís pretty much my understanding as well. That said, I have read that the Home Service Helmet was trialled for several years before it was formally adopted in 1878. Against this latter possibility, my regular line infantry will stretch credibility by wearing it in 1875 (when the project is set) to readily differentiate them from the red-coated Militia units but also to enable me to use the minis for my 1895 Gothic London project.  :)

Edit: This is a useful reference

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 07:39:48 PM by Silent Invader »

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 08:26:27 PM »
Thanks Helen

And thank you. In case of interest, there are many more images here:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=116169.180

Thank you. Quite impressive.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Sorry Steve,a bit late to this.
What a great idea,and of course work on the miniatures 8)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Cheers Guy. Iíve been otherwise distracted to make too much progress but have, I think, managed to finalise 6 converted miniatures for the Rifle Volunteers. The really good news is that Iíve managed to obtain permission from the original IP owner to cast my conversions for personal use. 😎

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
This is looking like another exciting project.  I love the attention to detail you bring to these, even down to naming the units before you have bought, converted and painted them.  lol lol

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Excellent green stuff work!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
I love the attention to detail you bring to these, even down to naming the units before you have bought, converted and painted them.  lol lol

:D Thanks Gary. Canít deny that I like a plan and the Mersey rules are great for organising around.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Excellent green stuff work!

Thanks Steve

Offline MaleGriffin

• Scientist
Everything looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
Great stuff so far and nice to have an insight into how you're planning your project.

Thanks for sharing this.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Steve,great idea. Next BLAM I will sacrifice myself an play the german side. Bring a list of original german bad words for the other "german"players. Reminds me a bit to a victorian version of Dad's Army... lol
But, one thing please, only real germans, no bavarians. Keep it original and prussian.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Thanks all  :D

Next BLAM I will sacrifice myself an play the german side. Bring a list of original german bad words for the other "german"players. Reminds me a bit to a victorian version of Dad's Army... lol
But, one thing please, only real germans, no bavarians. Keep it original and prussian.

lol

Victorian Dads Army pretty much sums it up.

Youíre going to wince Dirk but at the moment the German Force is all Bavarian  :o
I love Bavaria but then Iím from Essex  ;)

I expect Iím going to expand my Germans to also include Prussians at some point BUT for big games like Dorking, Herr Malamute is accumulating an army of solid, efficient, Prussian goodness.  8)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: German Invasion 1875: UD 21/4 Rifle Volunteers x 6
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »
Finally finished (are greens ever finished?) the masters of the 6 rifle volunteers.

Iím only making the 6 with two lots - one lot with added facial hair - comprising a unit of 12. They are derived from Perry plastic Sudan, Zulu War and Nappy parts. Thus the right arm of the Sergeant can be removed and replaced with a spare from the Zulu War box to create a bugler or a rifleman loading. Some officers in the Volunteers wore fancier uniforms and given that Iíll only need a few theyíll be made from the Zulu War box.

I have permission from the original IP owner to have these moulded and cast BUT for my personal use only.