Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:59:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690526
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) Stargrave Nickstarter begins today.  (Read 7571 times)

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (Commercial) Stargrave Nickstarter begins today.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 10:30:40 AM »
The Nickstarter has got through the £42,000 Spend Goal. So that's 7 free figures, 3 loot tokens, a free plastic frame and a D20 for all participants.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 11:59:53 AM »
I went in for the three box deal, although I too have reservations regarding the aesthetics.

It will be interesting to see how they mix with other ranges. I have the old Wargames Factory zombie survivor sprues sitting about, mostly unbuilt, so I'm hoping arms and heads will be interchangeable between the sets. Frostgrave cultists, barbarians and Gnolls with guns are definitely on the to-do list.

Modiphius has just announced a new version of the Five Parsecs rules, so there are plenty of adventuring opportunities out there for these crews :D

edited to correct the manufacturer of the zombie survivors.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:15:36 PM by zemjw »

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »
Modiphius has just announced a new version of the Five Parsecs rules, so there are plenty of adventuring opportunities out there for these crews :D

Rogue Stars, Void Pirates, 5150, AE Bounty, Blasters & Bulkheads, Laserburn, Stargrunt, etc, etc, etc.  Yeah, there's a few uses for scifi figs with guns.  :)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »
I had thought I was going to pass on this one... but Nickstarters are just so darned cost effective. Hmm.

Truth is I was not convinced on the aesthetic of the sculpts but I am coming around to them. Kev does great brushwork (he painted the ones in the marketing photos, right?) but I would not be painting them in that style. I do wonder how well they will kitbash with other manufacturers, like Wargames Atlantic in particular.

I suppose really what I want is more sprues for the bits box. Maybe take some ideas from the Stargrave book for my Core Space project.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere Nick but how does shipping to the EU work?  Is VAT going to be deducted from the prices listed and then we pay 20% postage?

“20% on all products to Europe. Minimum charge £5.50. Maximum charge £30.00”

Or do we pay the list price of 75 quid (all or nothing for me, go big or go home) and the additional 20% postage... and potentially get charged charged EU VAT and fees?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:16:10 PM by Rick W. »
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Rossyuk

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 03:31:56 PM »
They look nice, but that's all I can say tbh. The best bit will be mixing with other sprues even from ROSD etc, but they just seem to lack any dynamism. I think Ill use some reaper, infinity and zombicide stuff tbh.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 04:29:44 PM »
I had thought I was going to pass on this one... but Nickstarters are just so darned cost effective. Hmm.

Truth is I was not convinced on the aesthetic of the sculpts but I am coming around to them. Kev does great brushwork (he painted the ones in the marketing photos, right?) but I would not be painting them in that style. I do wonder how well they will kitbash with other manufacturers, like Wargames Atlantic in particular.

I suppose really what I want is more sprues for the bits box. Maybe take some ideas from the Stargrave book for my Core Space project.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere Nick but how does shipping to the EU work?  Is VAT going to be deducted from the prices listed and then we pay 20% postage?

Or do we pay the list price of 75 quid (all or nothing for me, go big or go home) and the additional 20% postage... and potentially get charged charged EU VAT and fees?

Once you have put your adress in and get to the update and confirm stage you will see that they deduct 20% VAT from the order.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »
Once you have put your adress in and get to the update and confirm stage you will see that they deduct 20% VAT from the order.

Excellent, thanks mate. Now to discuss with the missus.

Offline Seditiosus

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2021, 08:01:55 PM »

you can also order via (the german) shop miniaturicum... they are the EU distributor and participate in the nickstarter programm... https://www.miniaturicum.de/Stargrave-Nickstarter   however, I don't know how much shipping is outside of germany. maybe drop them a mail and they tell you? at least no customs there..

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2021, 08:18:16 PM »
Hi

Yes, VAT is removed from our prices for all non-UK customers. So the top deal would be £75 inc postage. I can't say what your customs will charge. In our experience it's financial Russian Roulette, about 4 in 5 EU customers are getting their parcels with no charges at all.

Or buy from Miniaturicum and guarantee no extra charges.

Nick

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2021, 08:34:47 PM »
My wife and I have quite liked dealing with Miniaturicum in the past, so that sounds good. Thanks and good luck with the campaign.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2021, 11:01:06 PM »
Went with the book and box of crew - would have done the 3 boxes and rulebook but I don't like the look of the troopers. Can't wait to get my grubby mits on the rulebook  :D

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 08:49:37 AM »
I ordered it and one of each of the 3 mini boxes. Not going to keep track of the freebies but I also ordered a copy from amazon so I'll have two for rules lawyering purposes and might get that copy sooner since I am in the states.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »
I went in for the book and a box of mercs. There's just something about a chimp in a space suit... :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 12:44:04 PM »
There's just something about a chimp in a space suit... :D

Damn right there is.  :)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2021, 10:36:19 AM »
And I'm in.
I've dealt with Miniaturicum before and have been quite pleased with their service, so I'll be taking that route.
Being a difficult person to buy something nice for, my wife decided she'd gift me this, so extremely lucky there. Looking forward to some kitbashing.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'