Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28 MM pulp figures compatible with Murch's Pulp Miniatures and Copplestone?  (Read 781 times)

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
More focused on Africa but a little bit of Central America and East Asia of possible interest.  As stated, compatible with Pulp Miniatures and Copplestone Castings.

Building out a small collection to make it 'complete'.  Estate sale leftovers from a departed friend plus some more recent estate sale finds. 

Thanks!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Artizan designs?

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Crooked Dice and Statuesque Miniatures (Pulp Alley) have a lot of pulp figures but not many suitable for Africa & the east per se.  Of course Wargames Foundry has quite a few suitable figures in their 'character' packs for DA & the East.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
I mix all of them together and they all look fine amongst each other. Most of the time I can't remember which figure was made by which manufacturer and gave to look on the websites.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Game on in his memory. That way he still lives on.
Regards,
Hitman
😎
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
In my collection, I happily mix Pulp Figures, Brigade Games, Copplestone Castings, Artizan Design, Bad Squiddo and more.  I have some HLBS (now from Tiger) but these are noticeably larger.  I also mix in Eureka Miniatures, there are some great characters in the Pax Limpopo range

Here is a Pulp Figures Dangerous Dame with some Bad Squiddo SOE types

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Crooked Dice ...

Some are Massive compared to Pulp figures.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
The Gorgon Studios Bootleggers are compatible. I received a sample example some years ago with an order for something else and it will happily sit alongside Copplestone and Artizan.

Artizan have some pulp figures in their Thrilling Tales line. Same sculptor as Gorgon.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Some are Massive compared to Pulp figures.
True, Crooked Dice figures vary a bit depending on the sculptor of that release and are more TV based fiction and pulp than "historic" pulp.  For a lot of mine the base (larger slotta base vs flat) makes more of a difference in height. Adjusting for that many of them seem fine.

A picture in case it's useful:
Pulp Figures with adjusted base, CD, CD, PF, CD

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
The Westwind Productions gothic horror range has some pulpy Mummy fighter, amazonian explorers and Caribbean types who all fit into a pulp setting. They should fit fine with Pulp figures.
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Artizan will definitely match up with them.