Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690827
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Spacelords?  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: Spacelords?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2021, 11:36:28 AM »
Well I have just ordered a few Phagon battleclones hope my little order helps erm, a little ;)

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2021, 02:15:10 PM »
Hi Viruz,

It is a shame it has been a sleep for so long but I am hoping to change that :D

I was lucky enough to take on eM4 last year and get the moulds and miniatures back in August.

We've got several sets of the rules and we are in two mind on whether to re-release and translate the original or perhaps go down and make a "version 2". :)

Love to hear your thoughts  :)
^ I own the original rules. I think v2 is the better solution. Or make a add on for an existing system. The are very old fashioned...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2021, 05:34:45 PM »
Are the rules (old or new) really that important for sales?  The market's crowded with figure-neutral scifi skimish and small battle rules right now, and that'll only increase as Stargrave hits stores and the new version of 5 Parsecs from Modiphius soon after. 

Maybe get some noted bloggers or youtubers or twitch streamers to play the rule set of their choice with Spacelords figs.  It's certainly worked wonders with the way youtuber Ash of Guerilla Miniatures Games prominently used Brigade's starship range in all his A Billion Stars videos.  I traded emails with Tony today and he tells me they're absolutely swamped with orders for ships because of that.  Finding a similar publicity opening might be hard, but it sure can't hurt to try considering the potential rewards.

Maybe do something similar with someone who's got a channel or blog dedicated to miniatures reviews, particularly one that does a lot of "historical" models.  Got to be some folks out there who'd be happy to do vids or posts in exchange for some sample figs.

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »
I would like to order something,but I own everything from the complete
28mm Hobby Products range,except for few Spacelords miniatures.  :'(

Therefore, I will only order when new and missing to me in the store is included.
I don't want to own any more duplicate SL figures.

I would agree if a new Spacelords rulebook appears.
If that doesn't work out, that there will be an English translation. For the english speaking fans.

A set of rules without a certain number of figures makes little sense, just as many pewter figures of different races make sense without a set of rules.

Maybe you should bring a basic rulebook on the market, which will be expanded quarterly.
Including 2 groupings of SL races.
Sarday'kin vs Yoyodyne
Phagon vs Wartech
With 10 miniatures each to start.
With each update of the rulebook appear new miniatures of each race??

Just an idea of mine. ;)
I buy old Spacelords Miniatures from Hobby Products !
- Cybertech, Bunkerbreaker, Yoyodyne, Sarday´kin, Phagon -

Offline eM4 Miniatures

• Schoolboy
  • eM4 Miniatures - Makers of mini's & games
    • eM4 Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 03:43:05 PM »
I thought I'd answer some of the common questions we are getting :)

Releasing missing lines
In the past eM4 had mentioned they would make more miniatures if there were more sales but since we took over last year we've decided to launch the whole range! The best way to get interest in a range of miniatures is to have a large enough range IMO, plus we love the miniatures ourselves.

It is going to take some time as we have a number of projects on the cards at the moment but you will see new lines every month :)

Pricing
We've had to raise the pricing a little for a number of reasons, but the main thing is due to rising metal costs and the quality of metal we are using (lead free, detail heavy alloy). When we produce these miniatures, we want them to be the best they can be :D

Rules
I would really love to do this at some point but from the feedback so far (across many platforms) I think getting the miniatures re-released first should be our priority (plus we are working on a new game/range at the moment, unrelated, so we will need to launch that first.)

Going forward
We've taken on eM4 last year and we are a relatively small team, but, we have big plans to make great miniatures and games at affordable prices.
I hope slowly but surely you will see a change in eM4 and we will get both old and new lines launched and back to their former glory :D

Offline Viruz

• Scientist
    • The Metal Magic Forum is closed
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 07:45:13 PM »
Great. :)
That reads well.I would be happy if your
Ideas can be realized. :-*
It is time that the Spacelords system again
is on everyone's lips again.

I thought I'd answer some of the common questions we are getting :)

Releasing missing lines
In the past eM4 had mentioned they would make more miniatures if there were more sales but since we took over last year we've decided to launch the whole range! The best way to get interest in a range of miniatures is to have a large enough range IMO, plus we love the miniatures ourselves.

It is going to take some time as we have a number of projects on the cards at the moment but you will see new lines every month :)

Pricing
We've had to raise the pricing a little for a number of reasons, but the main thing is due to rising metal costs and the quality of metal we are using (lead free, detail heavy alloy). When we produce these miniatures, we want them to be the best they can be :D

Rules
I would really love to do this at some point but from the feedback so far (across many platforms) I think getting the miniatures re-released first should be our priority (plus we are working on a new game/range at the moment, unrelated, so we will need to launch that first.)

Going forward
We've taken on eM4 last year and we are a relatively small team, but, we have big plans to make great miniatures and games at affordable prices.
I hope slowly but surely you will see a change in eM4 and we will get both old and new lines launched and back to their former glory :D

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2021, 06:45:45 PM »
Will keep checking back frequently, and hopefully push an order through eventually.

Its a positive movement, and look forward to more news/detail regards your other project

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2021, 06:53:18 PM »
Well good luck, may I say I think you could try and revitalise Combat Zone as well, its a great little system and very flexible, but its had nothing new for an absolute age.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you in your endeavours.

Glen

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2021, 08:25:51 PM »
Good to see those Phagons are back.
Leadhead

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2021, 07:17:54 PM »
Rules
One idea for the players with interest is to use Fistful of lead:Big battles from Wiley-Games. You can buy the rules for a low price as PDF and printed. I will use it, because the old rules are very raw. The printed version of FFoL:BB is sold in GB by Oshiro-Models. Great set of rules. Our test game is moved to a later month this year in fact of pandemic lockdown.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:21:03 PM by NurgleHH »