Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Journey into the Cursed City  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Journey into the Cursed City
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »
game looks very good 'on the table'.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 03:50:41 AM »
Here is the latest model I've done for the game.  Just a few characters left now and the bats and cats.  And the two ogres.  I'll probably do them next. 

This is a pretty neat looking model.  Rather than do him in traditional wolf/bat colours I went with a stained-red scheme where his malevolence and supernatural evil is more apparent upon sight.

Mostly I just wanted one that was different from all the others I've seen.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 08:14:15 AM »
excellent. Very effective.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
We made our third trip into the Cursed City yesterday.  We played a rescue mission this time.  You run around the city trying to warn civilians about an approaching suffocating gravetide.

It went pretty well.

We very easily stayed ahead of the gravetide.  It's presence was not much of a threat.  At the rate the villains showed up they weren't much of a threat either.  Bad dice rolling . . . that was a more serious issue.

Octren Grimsly proved to be about as useless as he had in the previous game.  Fortunately he was the NPC, so he was made to do all the unpleasant tasks the PCs didn't want to touch, like pulling civilians out of quicksand, a surprisingly common feature of Ulfenkern.

This mission was a little different in that you don't lay out the whole board before you start.  You move along opening new rooms as you go.  The gravetide follows behind at a respectful distance gobbling  up rooms as it comes after you so the board doesn't get too cluttered.

I'm not sure what happens if you open two different paths.  We thought about sending Grimsly one way and the rest of us going another hoping the gravetide would follow him and we wouldn't even have to really think about it any more.  We couldn't find any rules to actually do that though. 

As we went we managed to encounter all of the zero-level villains in the game so that was fun.  We did win through in the end, although Grimsly went out of action and then came back to life, I guess he escaped somehow. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »
Here is one of the two Zombie Ogres that come with the set.  Pretty neat figs.  It would be nice to field an army of these in those uniforms.

This thing gave us the only trouble we really had on our fourth trip into the deadly alleys of the Cursed City.  It smacked my dwarf a good one before Glaurio came over and gave him what for. 

The fourth expedition was pretty easy actually.  We walked through it without much of a problem. 

We'll be heading back to reclaim our birthrights, or just eating zombies, on Sunday. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2021, 08:50:10 PM »
After a long time I've finally finished up my bats.  I hate painting bats. 

But they are all done now, except for the one on Torgillius.  I've also finished painting the second Ogre. 

So now all that is left is the above mentioned baddie, three of the heroes and some odds and ends and my set will be complete. 

I need to get it all finished before AoS 3.0 comes out though as when that is released I'll just be painting through that set like mad as I've scheduled a demo game for it the week after.