Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:46:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Waterloo AAR on video Part 2  (Read 943 times)

Offline Hogan

• Bookworm
Waterloo AAR on video Part 2
« on: April 15, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »
Here is the concluding part of the video on fighting a portion of Waterloo using March of Eagles

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
Re: Waterloo AAR on video Part 2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing this, this is the sort of size of game that I can work with, so it is great to see this size of action supported here. I have been checking in two or three times a day in anticipation of this 2nd video being uploaded and was not disappointed - thank you.

Offline Goliad

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 08:45:00 PM »
Nice game and rules. Likewise thanks for sharing. I did not see any rules for sharpshooters in the rules that the video touched on. I am tempted to divide the number of figs in 1/2 (or by necessity given lack of figures!) so units are organised in multiples of 2 vice 4 to take the scale of the game down from battalions/brigade to companies/battalion. I'll have to get the cavalry rules.

Offline Hogan

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 10:13:14 PM »
Sharpshooter characters are written in as are the cavalry rules. I don't know what version Victrix have on their site but I did write them.

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 11:07:12 PM »
Barry, it looks like Victrix may well have split the rules into infantry, artillery and cavalry sections, possibly intending that each rule module would appear with the appropriate figures box, though they didn’t get around to doing cavalry. The Perry’s did similar for their original ACW.

The Victrix web page has the infantry rules and a separate download for artillery, so it looks like the cavalry rules never made it to the site.

For whatever reason, the Sharpshooters rule did not make it into their infantry rules ..... perhaps because the rules were being packed into boxes that didn’t have such characters.

Anyway, for the benefit of enquiring minds here, the Sharpshooter rule that you sent me is as follows;

SHARPSHOOTER: A picked marksman who fires only aimed shots at specific targets. If a unit has a Sharpshooter it throws a single separate shooting dice during any shooting activation. Before the dice is thrown the shooter names his target which can be a specific character model in an enemy unit. On a score of 6 which is totally unmodified for any conditions, terrain or cover at any range, the enemy character is dead! The target need not be in the same unit at which the rest of the sharpshooter’s parent unit is shooting. Sharpshooters all shoot as if they have a rifle. Only one Sharpshooter is allowed in the army.

Offline Hogan

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »
Thanks Norm! You are beco,ing the go to guy for March of Eagles! I appreciate that very much  8)