Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:39:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689749
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: All fine with these UK miniature companies?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Hermann

• Student
All fine with these UK miniature companies?
« on: April 15, 2021, 09:29:52 PM »
Good evening.

This 3 small companies offer some nice 20mm scifi figures. But all I want, is out of stock since last year.

1.   MJFigures: 1.st . group of Emperors Guard, Emperors shock troop command and some Clan troopers. 
 2.   Hasselfree Miniatures: Grymn Powered Armour, all 5 bodys and many arms / weapons for them.
 3.   Apocalypse Miniatures: Punk Gang, Trench Coat Gang and Police Squad (Judges?), on their homepage, but not in their ebayshop? The  figures look nice.

Is Corona / Covid the reason, or the brexit? My home area is Frankfurt in Germany, so I have no idea about the situation in the UK.

Yours, Hermann
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:15:54 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Anything fine with this UK miniature companys?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 09:50:56 PM »
Can't comment specifically on those firms but, in general, it is worth remembering that several of the contract casters had to shut during the lockdowns here - that, obviously is going to lead to delays if firms don't cast themsrlves. Also, the cost of casting metal has gone up by a third this year; whilst that in itself doesn't effect stock levels, in 'uncertain times' companies should be forgiven for keeping lower than normal stock levels.

Offline beren

• Librarian
    • Apocalypse miniatures
Re: All fine with these UK miniature companies?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:31:19 PM »
Apoc minis - I have the molds and can cast these at any time - as well as the trikes and some bikes - just drop me a PM

thanks

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 04:59:12 PM »
Good evening.
 2.   Hasselfree Miniatures: Grymn Powered Armour, all 5 bodys and many arms / weapons for them.
 Yours, Hermann

I can only comment on Hasslfree.  I have had issues with an order placed on October 2020, most of it arrived in November.  Since then no emails or phone calls answered.  There is thread here https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111385.msg1654237#msg1654237

They are glacially slow at the best of times.  Ordering from them is a gamble.  Only gamble if you can afford to lose the money. 

Others have different experiences -
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 05:32:23 PM »
I understand that Hasselfree have health issues at present, but also seem to recall that they were flooded last year?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 06:28:50 PM »
From what I can see from hasslefree, and with experience of dealing with them on behalf of my brother, there’s always an excuse.

I certainly wouldn’t touch them again.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 07:56:09 PM »
From what I can see from hasslefree, and with experience of dealing with them on behalf of my brother, there’s always an excuse.

I certainly wouldn’t touch them again.

You are lucky I have never had a reply from them. 

Like you I will never order from them again.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 08:23:27 PM »
You are lucky I have never had a reply from them. 

Like you I will never order from them again.

To be clear we never heard back and neither did PayPal who resolved the dispute.

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 09:31:36 PM »
Adds a nice dollop of irony to the company name. Fortunately the few items of theirs that most appeal have been out of stock for four or five years now., so little temptation to play that particular slot machine, besides their reputation precedes them.

Always curious as to how many gaming companies choose to base themselves in malarial swamps where natural disasters and attendant bouts of illness manifest themselves on a regular basis.  ;)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2023, 03:49:34 PM »
Good evening.

This 3 small companies offer some nice 20mm scifi figures. But all I want, is out of stock since last year.

1.   MJFigures: 1.st . group of Emperors Guard, Emperors shock troop command and some Clan troopers. 
 3.   Apocalypse Miniatures: Punk Gang, Trench Coat Gang and Police Squad (Judges?), on their homepage, but not in their ebayshop? The  figures look nice.

Is Corona / Covid the reason, or the brexit? My home area is Frankfurt in Germany, so I have no idea about the situation in the UK.

Yours, Hermann

Resurrecting a dormant thread.

ANyone know what happened to MJFigures or if anyone picked up their ranges? They had a good line of 'not' Stargate figures.