Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:11:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1st Corps Dark Age Romano-Britons  (Read 1108 times)

Offline mrkite

• Lurker
1st Corps Dark Age Romano-Britons
« on: April 16, 2021, 01:03:17 AM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone has 1st Corps Dark Age 28mm romano-britons or saxons/picts from them? Currently I'm building armies to play Dux Britanniarum and recently got starter pack of Romano-Britons from Footsore. Nevertheless, I still need more bois to fill my ranks, yet I'm not sure how good 1st corps minis compare to Footsore. Maybe anyone can tell me how do they look and is worth to buy them?

Best regards!

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Re: 1st Corps Dark Age Romano-Britons
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 06:02:26 AM »
mrkite, good morning.  I don't own any of the 1st Corps figures myself but have seen them "in the metal" on their stand at shows plus one of my mates has some.  For me they are not as finely detailed as Footsore, but are very nice sculpts and IMHO better than many other 1st Corps ranges, but then they are 20 years newer!

What I can't tell you is how they match "proportion" wise. As with a lot of figures comparison's the purist would probably say you wouldn't want t mix them within a unit due to different proportions/sculpting style but units could stand shoulder-to-shoulder in the same army.

If I was starting from scratch I wouldn't hesitate to use them.       

Offline mrkite

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I was worried about sculpting part (I read that their minis have relatively big heads) but seems like it should be okay. I might take the army set for the saxons in order not mix units

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 09:17:19 AM »
Mrkite. That should work. As I said I don’t have their Dark Age figures but I do have some of their Medievals which are sculpted in the same style...probably the same sculptor. They are very nice and I use them alongside Gripping Beast figures.

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 01:13:34 PM »
Here's a picture of my Footsore Pict commander with 1st Corps champion and musician (and a foundry spearman at the back). I'd say they mix well enough.

Offline mrkite

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 02:17:52 PM »
Here's a picture of my Footsore Pict commander with 1st Corps champion and musician (and a foundry spearman at the back). I'd say they mix well enough.
Big thanks! That is exactly I was looking for - the visual comparison. Now I feel that it is safe to purchase army packs for my Dux's campaign

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 04:22:13 PM »
Big thanks! That is exactly I was looking for - the visual comparison. Now I feel that it is safe to purchase army packs for my Dux's campaign

You're welcome. I really like the 1st corps early medieval range, it's well sculpted and pretty good for accuracy (excluding giant Pictish crossbows..). Would definitely be my go to if I were to start from scratch now.