Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690718
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1898 Miniatures Legion Etrangere - New range  (Read 28981 times)

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
Re: 1898 Miniatures Legion Etrangere - New range
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2021, 10:40:32 AM »
Hi there! A FFL painting tutorial was just published at our website. I hope you would find it useful.
Best

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2021, 10:43:26 AM »
Hi there! A FFL painting tutorial was just published at our website. I hope you would find it useful.
Best

I love that you guys are doing the painting tutorials. It seems like it is a long lost art, the painting tutorial not the actual painting; hope that makes sense!? :)

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2021, 03:31:35 PM »
I love that you guys are doing the painting tutorials. It seems like it is a long lost art, the painting tutorial not the actual painting; hope that makes sense!? :)

Thanks! it's just a few thoughts someone could find useful.

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2021, 09:40:43 PM »
French Foreign Legion illustrated uniform guide added to our website. Artwork by Pepe Rando.

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2021, 11:57:16 AM »

We are glad to announce that we have already added seven new codes to our French Foreign Legion range, including sentries for your camp or desert fort, several codes in light field equipment (consisting in the canteen and the musette bag only, prescinding of the cumbersome knapsack) and two different mounted officers (one with a magnificent beard inspired on the famous Paul Brundsaux). Codes are already available at our online store, pics will follow shortly.

Also, for the first time since we started 1898 Miniaturas we are forced to raise prices due to the constant increase of the cost of the metal along the years, that skyrocketed in the last few months. Our new pricing will allow us to keep offering the highest standards of quality in all our current and future ranges… and there are more good news! As a way to recognize your loyalty, we are offering a 10% off in all our miniatures only for a week, until Sunday 11th July. To activate it just need to use the promotional code BEAU GESTE in the check out.

Have a good Summer!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 12:16:48 PM by 1898 Miniaturas »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2021, 12:07:45 PM »
I love the guy in the sun helmet!

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2021, 12:15:01 PM »
I like the guy in the Kepi. lol
Mark

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2021, 12:30:37 PM »
Paul Brundsaux vs Gene Hackman  :D

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2021, 12:34:22 PM »
Wonderful sculpts  :-* :-* :-*

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2021, 01:47:33 PM »
We are glad to announce that we have already added seven new codes to our French Foreign Legion range, including sentries for your camp or desert fort, several codes in light field equipment (consisting in the canteen and the musette bag only, prescinding of the cumbersome knapsack) and two different mounted officers (one with a magnificent beard inspired on the famous Paul Brundsaux). Codes are already available at our online store, pics will follow shortly.

Both mounted officers are wonderful sculpts! Glad to hear you are releasing the figures without knapsacks and in battledress with just canteens, musette bag, scabbards, etc... much more realistic. Hoping those opposing figures include a good variety of Tuareg offerings that can double as figures for pseudo Wind and the Lion  scenarios. Thanks for providing a wonderful line of miniatures.

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2021, 03:00:18 PM »
Both mounted officers are wonderful sculpts! Glad to hear you are releasing the figures without knapsacks and in battledress with just canteens, musette bag, scabbards, etc... much more realistic. Hoping those opposing figures include a good variety of Tuareg offerings that can double as figures for pseudo Wind and the Lion  scenarios. Thanks for providing a wonderful line of miniatures.

The idea is to sculpt Arab/Berber tribes that fought the FFL in the oasis of the Algerian-Moroccan frontier. Actually the Legion didn't fought the Tuareg/Targi, the Sahara conquest was made mainly with Arab goumiers and Tirailleurs Algeriens. 

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2021, 04:17:43 PM »
The idea is to sculpt Arab/Berber tribes that fought the FFL in the oasis of the Algerian-Moroccan frontier. Actually the Legion didn't fought the Tuareg/Targi, the Sahara conquest was made mainly with Arab goumiers and Tirailleurs Algeriens.

Bravo! at least when speaking about FFL North African ennemies i can now  read  a perfectly researched and true answer . ;) :)..Nobody make the goumiers which were an essential part of French columns..in that case, not only limited to  the Saharian regions but  also in support of the Légion...some well researched Algerian Moroccan warriors are certainly in need..but as everybody wants to mention those tuaregs which had nothing to with the Légion except in hollywood and in comics  you could please the masses  lol by producing the real tuareg ennemies..that's to say the Tirailleurs Sénégalais or better the camel mounted/dismounted Méharistes or even the few but very active camel mounted  Tirailleurs (sénégalais) Méharistes that fought Vs Tuaregs in Niger ecc...of course we are talking , in all cases, of colourful and iconic soldiers..when do you refer to Tirailleurs Algériens fighting in the pre desert oasis (Tidilket) maybe you're talking about Tirailleurs Sahariens which were employed shortly Vs Tuaregs and tuareg related tribes for the conquest of the pre Saharian osasis...those Algériens did nt liked to be send in the desert but they fought sufficiently well before being disbanded and replaced by true Méharistes or camel mounted goumiers..and, in any case, also their uniform was nice..plenty of great inspirational choices and possible scenarios  if we want to play the French North Africa
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:30:53 PM by italwars »

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2021, 04:22:29 PM »
Bravo! at least when speaking about FFL North African ennemies i can now  read  a perfectly researched and true answer . ;) :)..Nobody make the goumiers which were an essential part of French columns..in that case, not only for the Saharain regiobns but  also in support of the Légion...some well researched Algerian Moroccon warriors are certainly in need..but as everybody wants to mention those tuaregs which had nothing to with the Légion except in hollywood and in comics  you could please the masses  lol by producing the real tuareg ennemies..that's to say the Tirailleurs Sénégalais or better the camel mounted/dismounted Méharistes or even the few but very active camel mounted  Tirailleurs (sénégalais) Méharistes that fought Vs Tuaregs in Niger ecc...of course we are talking , in all cases, of colourful and iconic soldiers.

Just finished Douglas Porch's The conquest of the Sahara and reading The conquest of Morocco, both fantastic sources of information about French expansion in Africa.

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2021, 04:33:54 PM »
Yes I've read both those books. Porch is one of the few who has written about the Voulet-Chanoine expedition and the battle of Kousseri which im greatly interested in. Would love to see some Senegalese Tirailluers which fought mainly in sub-sahara Africa but had a lot of troops in Morocco.
Mark

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2021, 04:37:29 PM »
really good books..above all the first one..i'm reasearching from decades French North Africa, West and Equatorial ones...above all from French rare sources..in case you need any advice or scans of sources ecc ecc...just send me a PM and i'll be glad to help. by the way i forgot to post infos that i promised about the battle of Kousseri ..ill remedy this summer...sorry Marco  ;)

in the meanwhile i'll think about what can i order in addition to the two mounted French officers to justify  placing an order...unfortunatly i already have 60 Légionaire castings , many painted,  from Redoubt which certainly do not compare well with  yours..let's see ..maybe i'll discharge them  :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:40:38 PM by italwars »