Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:08:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689676
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Narcos and Feds.  (Read 4582 times)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Narcos and Feds.
« on: April 26, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »
     Special Agent Smith sat in the exam room, getting the grazing wound on his arm looked at.  Another doctor came in and told him Agent Jones was in surgery, but was expected to make it.  He sighed in relief - this was supposed to be just another day.  Agent Ford of his team had the wind knocked out of him when he took a round in his vest.  Fortunately, Agent Willis came out of that ordeal without a scratch.  But, he would never forget that driver in the lead vehicle in the rescue force - he took 2 shots to the head as the rescue teams pulled up in front of the apartment building they were holed up in.  The poor guy didn't have a chance....but at least the other 2 members of the rescue team that were hit were gonna be OK.

Welcome to my first post here.  Well, other than my "Hi, I'm me..." post in the Introduction section.  My gaming buddies and I met this Saturday past to play a game of Black Ops, using some new figures I had just painted up.  I got them through a Brigade Games Kickstarter (Drug WarZ) a bit ago.  They are federal agents (ostensibly DEA) and drug cartel thugs and goons.  We based our fight on the first scenario in the venerable Ambush Alley game - Contracting Trouble.  In this case, 4 members of an undisclosed federal agency had just had their jeep shot up in a drive-by in a dusty town somewhere in a classified location.  Drones had tangoes closing in on the now-on-foot team.  They put in a call for a rescue force to come in and extract them.  They got out (see the lead paragraph), but what a fight it turned out to be...

I no longer use an on-line photo repository, so my pics will be attachments.  Please bear with me.  If needed, I will adjust pic size in future posts accordingly.  First up - the federal agents.  The first 2 shots show the 4 members of the initial team (the new Brigade Games DEA figs) outside their now-disabled jeep.  They next 2 shots show the 2 teams of the rescue force (Spectre Miniatures).  They would arrive mounted, one team each in an SUV.

The next posts will show the cartel figs, and then the crossroads over which they fought.  Finally, I'll tell the story of the firefight.

Comments and construction criticism welcome... ;)

CapnJim         
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Narcos and Feds.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 06:19:11 PM »
Great stuff! A brilliant start on the forum mate. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 07:07:26 PM »
Love it...a great way to introduce yourself  :D

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 09:06:29 PM »
Nicely done and refreshing to see a bad guys vs bad guys scenario.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 10:24:40 PM »
And now, the Cartel Boys.  These are all from Brigade Games' recent Drug WarZ kickstarter.  As can be seen, they have a mix of weapons - pistols (all semi-auto), pump shotguns, M1 carbines, with an FN-FAL, and AK, and (gasp!) an M60 MG (spoiler alert - that guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from inside it...).  The chaps in pic 1 are marketed as DEA agents, but they are all in civvies, with no badges or any other identifying accessories, so they were recruited into the Cartel for this scenario.  In pic 4, the 2 fellas on the right (light blue shirt with cap, and older guy with black shirts) were the leaders.  If/as they were unceremoniously gunned down, they would be recycled as reinforcements, with the same guys acting as leaders.

Next up is the crossroads town...stay tuned...

CapnJim

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 10:37:05 PM »
Nice figs and terrain Capn.  Gun fight at the OK parking lot?

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 11:22:30 PM »
More like Gunfight at the OK Intersection...and Apartment Building...More to follow...

CapnJim

PS:  Thanks all for the kind comments!

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 02:12:50 AM »
Hmmm. The guy with the M60 looks kinda like Gun Jesus. I think he could hit a barn.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Narcos and Feds. (Updated 04/27/21)
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 01:57:39 AM »
Now that my domestic chores are completed, I can do the next post here - a look at the terrain over which the federal agents and cartel fellas fought. 

The first pic below is a bird's-eye (drone's-eye?) view of our little crossroads, somewhere in an undisclosed location.   It is looking towards the south.  In it, you can see the now-immobile initial team of federal agents and their broke-d**k jeep at the central intersection.  Aside from just having their jeep shot up in a drive-by, all is quiet so far.  Cartel men "spawn points" will be in the yard behind the apartment building (left), the cemetery behind the church (upper left), behind the far house (upper right), the industrial yard (right), and the balcony of the 3-story building in the industrial yard (lower right).  As a note, the rescue teams will be arriving from the north, driving in the direction this shot is looking.

The second pic is from a bit lower perspective, looking to the southeast.

The third pic is at street level, looking west down the side street toward the central intersection.

There are some open avenues, but also plenty of cover and concealment.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will begin telling the story of the fight.  Til then...

CapnJim       

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 09:11:19 AM »
What a lovely looking game. Great set-up! looking forward to seeing more.   :-*

Offline Dr Bogo

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 11:47:36 AM »
Great looking table! Whereabouts are your buildings from?

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 12:44:44 PM »
Great town.  Roll on the AAR.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 01:04:29 PM »
Great figs and great set up.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »
Nice board!
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 06:25:36 PM »
Dr Bogo:  The industrial buildings are Crescent Root Studio.  The houses, and tobacco and tire shops are 4Ground.  The flower shop and apartment building - I really don't know. Got them at flea markets/cons.  The flower shop is a paper building stiffened by foam board.  The apartment building may be scratchbuilt - I got it from Mike Demana.  The church is from Mad Bob Miniatures through a Kickstarter.

And I swear - I'll get to the AAR yet this afternoon...Higher HQ has a list for me, though... ;)

CapnJim